cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmgraham
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

"BT Infinity is not currently due to be rolled out in your area" Infinity Checker

"BT Infinity is not currently due to be rolled out in your area within the next 6 months. Register your interest and we will keep you up to date about the BT Infinity rollout."

It is being rolled out in my area, (Dundee Broughty Ferry) should be live from approx June 2011 according to openreach website.

checker needs updating. BT wholesale one too!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: "BT Infinity is not currently due to be rolled out in your area" Infinity Checker

Was that check done using your number or postcode? Not all lines get upgraded this sticky explains why http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/BT-Infinity-has-reached-my-area-but-the-line-checker-says-I-c... of course the checker maybe wrong and you will get it. 

0 Ratings
jmgraham
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: "BT Infinity is not currently due to be rolled out in your area" Infinity Checker

Postcode checker says Yes, my postcode is for one street only and i know my cab is getting upgraded but the updates for the checker seems to be a long way behind.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi

if you are right then you will see plenty of work going on for several weeks before the service goes live as cabinets are installed, power run, fibre connected, cabling to the cabinet done etc etc. Anyone of those stages can be delayed. 

As there are lots of reports of areas being missing BT maybe have changed their policy and are now not putting dates up until they are certain as so many people complain about dates changing. 

BT Openreach will not accept an order until the wholesale checker says the service is available so keep looking and checking. 

0 Ratings