Home hub connected to Bedroom 2 as explained in previous thread

Moved to hub to main socket (Lounge) and taken new ADSL Line Status

ADSL Line Status.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Re: "Capped" Broadband

There is very little difference at that point.

There is nothing else you could do at this point without completely disconnecting the extension wiring from the master socket, and see if either the connection speed increases, or the noise margin increases.

I have no doubt that you have the skills to do that, but unless you have the correct IDC tool to reconnect the wires afterwards, there is nothing else you can do to prove that there is not an internal wiring issue.

Its quite possible of course, the general quality of the link may have deteriorated, perhaps due to pickup from an adjacent circuit on the MDF.

As more broadband, and especially Infinity connections are installed, the amout of crosstalk between adjacent pairs can increase. This can reduce the number of usable "tones", or reduce the bitloading on each tone, resulting in a decrease in connection speed.

Remember that the highest frequency used by ADSL max, is about 1.1MHz.

Even if you prove that the speed reduction is something external, its unlikely that even one of the "Broadband Boost" FTs would be able to improve on the connection speed.

The normal process is for them to change the master socket for a filtered one, but that would stop you using the extension socket to plug your home hub into. You would have to run a separate data extension cable.

If its not your wiring, then a filtered master socket would not help.

0 Ratings
rifles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

The purpose of this thread was to try and find the missing 2MB which was stable for 5 months which like BT india I have hit another brickwall, thanks for your help, but one last question.

Any idea who I can contact for further help or even arrange for an engineer to visit

0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 14 of 16

Another point to note is that Bradwell Abbey has not had any major upgrade for ADSL customers for some time. The only upgrades have been for fibre to the premises customers and call servers.

You can book an engineers visit via the broadband help desk for a fee. It does sound like an interference issue but it could also be your wiring has been disturbed outside at some point. If it's the retirement village I'm thinking of you are quite a distance from Fishermead so your speed is very good.
0 Ratings
rifles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Hippey

Thanks for the information, yes you are correct I am a long way from fishermead but I am on the direct link from the exchange no cabinets we are the "E" side because when it was the Japanese school they paid to have a direct cable put in so I would have expected to have kept my 6Mb I was getting up till July this year. 

BT still insist I pay £100 for a visit, even being a BT pensioner it had no impact on them, so hopefully FTTP may appear one day or even FTTC.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

as you are on an EO line you will not get FTTC but FTTP is certainly a possible
0 Ratings