cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

"I did not tell you to do that, BT!"

Ok. So I recontracted on Tuesday. I noticed that the Unlimited Evening and Weekend calls is now £2 and is no longer part of the Unlimited BT Infinity 2 package. I spoke thorugh live chat and I asked why this has happened. The operator disconnected me, I have no idea why. Probably an accidental click or that SHE had no idea about ANYTHING! But when I checked my email it said that I have been signed up to an add-on when I didnt even ask to!! What is up with BT!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: "I did not tell you to do that, BT!"

the package has changed to only weekend calls and the extra £2 is to give you the same as you had evening and weekend calls

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

I know but I never asked BT to add that add-on. I have no idea why BT decided to charge Unlimited Evening and Weekend calls.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

it would seem a reasonable asumption that it was added to maintain what you already had or when you recontracted did you realise that the new package only had weekend calls included?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

When I re-contracted the phone side stayed the same. It said Unlimited Evening and Weekend Calls, only now it has changed...

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

the new BT packages now only include weekend calls and then you can add evening or unlimited to the basic package of weekend calls  you are now back to where you were with evening and weekend calls included in the cost - or am I missing something?

0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

Evening and Weekend used to be free? Before BT decided to remove it as standart from the packages? This...is confusing... :S

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

I don't think evening and weekend calls were free but were included in your package.  Bt have now changed the packages and prices to include weekend only and then you need to add evening or unlimited calls if that is what you want

0 Ratings
MonicaJ
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

So... before they were 'inclusive', now BT have removed them from the package customers have to pay extra to retain the facility.

But WHY did the original posters failed attempt to contact BT to discuss the change,  result in an email altering the product supplied and applying an additional fee?

Do we think the agent misunderstood the discussion, pushed a button to generate a standard email then terminated the chat window because, maybe, they were very busy?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

from the previous posts it appears the intention was to renew an existing package but that package no longer exists.  to get the same package that was achieved by getting one of the new packages which included weekend calls and then adding evening call to then give the same as before - free evening and weekend calls.

I agree the CS agent should have pointed out what was happening and that there had been a change in packages.

I renewed my contract recently but checked what packages were on offer before making the call to renew

0 Ratings