Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

"Sorry, You view cannot record this" message

Hi - can anyone advise, please.

I was recording the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony this evening 23 July, but it over-ran and the recording stopped.

I tried pressing the red record button but that generates the message:   "Sorry, You view cannot record this"

What is causing the problem, and what should I do if this happens agaiin with another recording?

I have a DTRT1000 box, if that is important.

Thanks

Kate

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: "Sorry, You view cannot record this" message

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

I believe I've seen that message if you attempt to record the current programme  but the EPG lists a different programme to the one being broadcast - the EPG guide I noticed was not not dynamically changing to reflect the overrun. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for your reply Zulu17 - yes that does make sense with my experience.

Is this an issue to be added to the "consolidated list of bugs?"  After all, it would be better if we could just press record and have the box record, regardless of what programme it is or what the EPG states it is...

Or is there nothing that Youview can do to prevent this from happening if the broadcasters don't send the right signal to update the EPG?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

There are I think two issues -- 

First why did your Youview box not fully record a BBC 1 programme --a channel that I believe does use accurate recording and the Now/Next programme info.  I actually recorded the opening ceremony in full despite the overun on a different (non) Youview device on the BBC 1 HD channel. So if a Humax Fox t2 can record it why can't a box using Youview software?

The second issue is why your Youview box refused to record the current (overunning) programme. Whilst I gave you my recollection of when I;ve seen that message occur in my experience it is entirely possible that there might be other reasons for it appearing. To my knowledge  Youview fails to handle more than one  part recordings of the same programme. I suspect if Youview had allowed you to record the end of the programme you would have lost your earlier recording of the beginnihg (bulk) of the programme.

0 Ratings