cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

"We're giving you an even better Infinity Modem for free"

Just had a letter about this today. I've already got an HG612 - what the new one like, and why is it better?

It won't stop my HH3 dropping its wireless tx momentarily every 25 seconds...

Dave

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: "We're giving you an even better Infinity Modem for free"

I had this letter this morning also. Can anyone enlighten us why they would be wanting to change the modems? I have had one changed as it was overheating but *knocks on wood* the one I have now seems fine
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 14

well i know they introduced the hg612 version 2 a few month ago so they could b e replaceing it with this

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

There is a version 3, with white plug and cable. Ours was fitted on the 28th Sept.

I think there was a thread where an installer removed someone's new modem and reinstalled an older one because the new one was the wrong type for the cabinet.

Michael
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 14

@ypt wrote:
There is a version 3, with white plug and cable. Ours was fitted on the 28th Sept.

I think there was a thread where an installer removed someone's new modem and reinstalled an older one because the new one was the wrong type for the cabinet.

Michael

I'd ignore that excuse. I expect what he really meant was that's the only type he had to repair the customers possible defective "new type".

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 14

Agreed!!
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

I think this is the next phase of BT Infinity. I use a Vigor 2750Vn modem/router instead of the HG612 and I have noticed that my profile has changed from 8c to 17a. The speed has increased from 40/10 Mbs to 68/24 Mbs. This can only be a good thing. I also received the modem upgrade letter so I will take the new BT modem (model unknown) and keep it as backup just in case my Vigor 2750 fails at any point.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 14

@marssystems wrote:

I think this is the next phase of BT Infinity. I use a Vigor 2750Vn modem/router instead of the HG612 and I have noticed that my profile has changed from 8c to 17a. The speed has increased from 40/10 Mbs to 68/24 Mbs. This can only be a good thing. I also received the modem upgrade letter so I will take the new BT modem (model unknown) and keep it as backup just in case my Vigor 2750 fails at any point.

The speed hasn't actually increased yet, thats just the Attainable Rate you can see not the Actual rate,and when they come to replace the modem I would have the Draytek disconnected and out of the way.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Do you know if this is this supposed to be for everyone because I haven't had any such letter?

Ta, LJ.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 14

0 Ratings