cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 11 of 14

Re: "We're giving you an even better Infinity Modem for free"

Got the 'new' modem today. Still a HG612 but version 3B with the latest firmware to handle the higher speed when we get it next month.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 14

@marssystems wrote:

Got the 'new' modem today. Still a HG612 but version 3B with the latest firmware to handle the higher speed when we get it next month.

I don't believe it was brought out specifically for the 80/20 speeds, my understanding is it was brought out to sort out problems with the previous models.

As for the higher speeds, that could mean New contracts, or maybe Increased prices, or maybe download restrictions. As there has been no official announcement (apart from it being released next year), there might only be a few takers for it.

I hope I am wrong and that everyone will be upgraded at NO extra cost and NO new contract, but I doubt it.

Only time will tell.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

As the OP I should report that I have my 3B now too, and its performance is no diffferent to the one the nice man from Kelly took away.

I asked him why they were changing them and me told me that Kelly Comms has not been informed of a reason but had just been commissioned to change 50,000 modems with two months to do it in.

I was expecting him to want to screw it to the wall - I didn't want that as this is a Victorian house with lath-and-plaster walls that fragment when you drill into them! However he said that they only wall-mount them if they think the modem's going to be put down behind a desk on the carpet and get filled up with dust, which is a potential fire-hazard. Mine was on the back of the computer desk with plenty of air round it.

After checking that it was working OK - same speeds here as before 37.400Mbps/1650Mbps - he left. Later the same day I put back my Draytek 2750n and restored my remote access and NAT loopback capability that the "wonderful" HH3 can't do at all.

What the HH3 can do rather well is drop the wireless transmission every 20-30 seconds for a second or two...

Dave

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 14 of 14

rang Kellys for an appointment - was told ther was a fire risk!

0 Ratings