cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 19

Re: "incorrect user name or password" - Oh no it isn't! - UPDATE

Go to solution
i have push active with no problems and to be honest in all the years i have used BT have never once had a problem with email
Highlighted
sean70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution
John46: You must be one of the lucky ones! It seems to be a conflict between using a. Mobile device which is permanently logged on to the POP server. I have just switched my iPad to only fetch mail manually, so will see if that solves it for me. The worst aspect of all this is the poor customer service. Shame on you BT!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

As I said on the other thread, there is some scepticism about whether downloading emails on multiple devices is really the cause of the problem. To me, if it works it's a solution.

I can't find a way turn auto-checking off on my android* but usually have wifi and mobile internet switched off, so it's effectively manual. That could explain why I've hardly ever had the password problem.

*If anyone can, please tell.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

@pottyperson wrote:

*If anyone can, please tell.

I'm on the same "manual" setting for e-mail as you; I could have sworn there was a 'never poll' option in account settings, but it seems to have vanished now I've gone back to look for itSmiley Surprised

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

@AllanQuatermain wrote:

I could have sworn there was a 'never poll' option in account settings, but it seems to have vanished now I've gone back to look for itSmiley Surprised

The option wasn't there when I got my smartphone just under a year ago, so it didn't vanish in the only major android system update during that time. The app contains such a wide range of choices (5mins to 24hrs) that the omission of "never" is quite surprising.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

It might have been a feature of either the k9 app or Kaiten.

I suspect the latter, as I once wrongly selected it for an a/c and had to go and undo the setting.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
patfield
Message 17 of 19

Re: "incorrect user name or password" - Oh no it isn't!

Go to solution

Aarrghhh!!!  And me!  Not changed a blooming thing of course but incorrect password.  Sometimes it happens for a few days but weeks now.  Have redirected everyone to my hotmail account.  But what might I be missing? So downloaded desktop help.  reset password.  Did it all correctly.  Still not recognised....what?  Ive only just re-set it.  thrown onto same option again.  Went through wizzard which then announed, Finished!  Yeah right.....I cannot waste anymore time with this so will have to delete account.....just goes on and on and clearly its a bt problem I can live without.  I am advising all my colleagues to change to any alternative accounts they have before it happens to them! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 19

Re: "incorrect user name or password" - Oh no it isn't!

Go to solution

thius happens and there are numerous posta about this.  just wait a bit and try again

please don't post the same thing on more than 1 board

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Well done, thank you.

0 Ratings