cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave93
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

random IPC 6023 And no Internet channels

I have the IPC 6023 problem but only intermittently, seems to have started since we got the extra channels. This happened last night and again today, Discovery Science  failed with IPC 6023. Broadband was definately working OK. Most internet channels were off including BT Sport however some were working OK, Alibi/AMC etc. I kept going through the channels and after about 10 minutes they all seemed to be back working again. I was not recording another channel when this happened. Box software is up to date and I have carried out a power reset of the router and box. Broadband syncs at 80 meg and shows 76 meg on speedtests so no issue there. I have completed the Youview survey for this problem. Is there any thing else I need to do? This is getting very annoying.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Dave93
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: random IPC 6023 And no Internet channels

Just had Discovery science fail again, but other internet channells were OK. It then came back and failed again about 5 minutes later, this time BT sport 1 was off with IPC 6023, but BT Sport 2 was OK. Eventually all came back OK but for how long? Seems to affect random channells at different times. If one channel fails IPC 6023 but others are on then it can't be a problem with the router etc.

Broadband is stable since I last rebooted the router.

Line state: Connection time: Downstream: Upstream:

Connected   
17 days,06:21:30   
79999 kbps  
20000 kbps
0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

How is your box connected to the Hub?
0 Ratings
Dave93
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Via Ethernet cable however there was a 5 port switch and a Home hub 3 acting as a wireless access point/switch between the box and Hub 5. I've made a small change today putting another switch in and connecting the Hub 3 to this so it is eliminated, just in case it was causing a problem. So now running through 2 5 port switches.  Having said that all of the catch up players and BT player work perfectly, and BT sport always used to work fine through the Hub 3 and one switch. The issue only became apparent when we got the extra Internet channel's.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

The switches are not passing the multicast data, this is a common issue with basic unmanaged switches.

You will need to connect the YouView box direct to the home hub, or use a managed Ethernet switch instead.

This thread may help as its a similar issue.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Bt-Vision-box-and-netgear-switch/m-p/1687315#M13...

0 Ratings
Dave93
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

I must have been lucky with the switches I have as they pass the multicast packets fine. The problem was that the Internet channels would work OK but random channels would fail intermittently with an IPC 6023 message. I have had one switch and a Home Hub 3 acting as a Wireless access point/switch in circuit for years and never caused a problem with the BT Sport channels. Problem seemed to start when we got the extra Internet channels. Having the 2 switches in, with the WAP fed off one switch seems to have cured the problem, so it was the Home Hub 3 that would intermittently stop passing the multicast packets. It's been fine for a day now so still early days.

0 Ratings