cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

random internet loss is becoming more frequent but all lights are blue!?

Hi all, had infinity for about a year now, had the odd loss of connection where everything in the house losses connection, iphones iPads nexus laptops pc's wired and wireless. But all three blue lights are on an the hub and devices are showing as connected via wireless.

Only way to get it back is kill the power and wait 15 mins.

Now its 2-3 times as day, out if the blue everything losses internet.

Any thoughts? 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: random internet loss is becoming more frequent but all lights are blue!?

Do you have a separate Openreach modem and what homehub are you using?

Have you tried a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Hi, thanks for your reply 🙂

I have BT home hub 3.0 with a separate open reach white box which is Huawei echolife HG612 VDSL NTE.

Will I lose any setting etc if I reset the home hub? The engineer that installed it was very keen to tell me that any fussing with the equipment would be known to BT and they may be unwilling to help if I caused the problem!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

As long as you have not changed the original settings for the SSid (name) and wireless passkey or set up port forwarding nothing will change. All your devices will automatically reconnect. There is not problem doing this, it is not against any of the Terms and Conditions of using the equipment.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

well i waited for a loss of connection and reset the home hub via the small reset button, it caused chaos.

iphones and ipads required forgetting of network and re-entering of wireless key before they would reconnect. wireless computer required 5 restarts and at the same time the hub and white box also were restarted.

sound normal?!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

this is odd but not all my replies are showing here????????

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

No. If you had not changed anything on the Homehub from when it was first installed everything should have reconnected without any intervention by you.

The white Openreach modem should not have needed to be restarted, why did you do that?

Did you hold the pin in for 20 seconds?

Is everything working now?

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 14

They got moved here for some reason https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/Re-random-internet-loss-is-becoming-more-frequen...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

You would appear to have had two threads running. I have merged them.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

No. If you had not changed anything on the Homehub from when it was first installed everything should have reconnected without any intervention by you. - the equipment is the same now as the day it was installed.

The white Openreach modem should not have needed to be restarted, why did you do that? - as i said the hub was reset via the reset button (20 seconds +), it caused everything in the house to disconnect for over 30 mins, most would not reconnect at all, you say i should not need to do that but then i should not have needed to forget the network and re-enter my network key either?

Did you hold the pin in for 20 seconds? - yes

Is everything working now? - at the moment yes, but the wireless pc and ipad have lost internet connection but not wireless connection once in the last hour.

0 Ratings