cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheHarrier
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

re connecting tablet to hub 4

My hub works fine and my PC is okay although internet very slow.  I have boought an android tablet.  It wont connect to my hub.  it asks for my password, so i typed this in correctly.  I get an authentication error.  I checked on the Bt advice section which said use the key.  i did this but it still wouldn't work.  I can't access google playstore to get the Bt download, for the same reason.  When I type in my BT id on the internet explorer it does accept my password, it does on my computer, also i checked for capital letters, which Android sometimes do.  I ahve been in contact with Archos, downloaded firm ware, they now blame BT.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: re connecting tablet to hub 4

I think you will find that you need the wireless key number from your hub not your bt id password.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

it's possible if you can't see the BT app that your your tablet is not compatible.  it may however be possible to sideload the Bt apk file to get it to work.  if it is the BTWIFI app then you don't need it to connect to BT hotspots when out and about.  when you find a btwifi signal just connect with bt primary address and password

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
TheHarrier
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

A big surprise, it suddenly started working yesterday.  thanks everyone.  The only problem is that I can;'t download the BT app as it is not compatible with my tablet.  connecting well.  I did notice that a rogue full stop was in my log in name, although I don't believe that was causing the whole problem

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

You don't need the app just makes it a bit more convenient.  As I said already if you have the apk file then usung a file manager app you should be able to sideload and see if that will work. Personally I wouldn't bother

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings