cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 5

receiving premium rate texts.

Anyone know if there is a setting for me to opt in/out of premium rate texts?
I have subscribed to receive texts from the RNLI when my local lifeboat gets launched. recently received a text from them saying I need to ensure premium rate texts are not blocked incoming.
wondered why I had not been receiving their texts despite re registering numerous times.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
mcronline
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: receiving premium rate texts.

I received premium rate texts recently because my kids signed up for a service. I asked if it were possible to reject them (no reply yet). I think the ability to receive these texts are already enabled.
0 Ratings
Toneloc0_0
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi
I have just posted about 13 x 0.25p texts being sent/received form a Spanish number, strange
0 Ratings
dbards
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

I sent a STOP message to two unwanted premium text services - now BT has billed me £9 for these texts. This does not seem fair. STOP is an expensive word. Any chance of a refund?

0 Ratings
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

@dbards , STOP is a very expensive work when you send it to a premium rate number . Just like any word you send to them. And as for fair , of course subjective, however you should know the costs of sending an sms to a premium rate number are huge, and you've gone ahead and sent a text, you should have expected this.
Most premium rate numbers can be looked up on Google and you may find the company in question to request a direct refund as service numbers are purposely purchased to generate this money - just like phoning service numbers on your landline.
0 Ratings