Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 93

reset default gateway - yet again!!

hello all,

here is my prevouis thread about same problem, it is now getting worse i been now getting cut off twice/4 times within 10mins as a time just being using facebook or youtube, or just anything with high volume of downloading that it just cuts me off and then i gotta do troubleshooting just for my computer to reset my default gateway via my bt hub.

i am on unlimited internet package on my line, still using windows 7 professional OS so am thinking its related to computer thats causing the hub not to recognise that there is no default gateway, was having problem with hub not defining ip address which been solved.

any advice and help would be gratefully received

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:6 days, 00:52:20
Downstream:20.29 Mbps
Upstream:1.169 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):3.1 dB / 5.8 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):16.6 dB / 10.3 dB
Output power (Down/Up):16.5 dBm / 12.4 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):7337322 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):3097 / 409
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):111253 / 1620
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):2628 / 592

thanks Rhian

0 Ratings
92 REPLIES 92
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 93

Re: reset default gateway - yet again!!

your router shows 6 days connection so this must be a wifi problem.

have you checked your wifi card driver is up to date from manufacturer's website and not just windows update. 

you can try downloading inssider3 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

you can also try changing wireless in hub from default b/g/n to just b/g unless all your wireless cards are 'n' rated

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 93

the hub is connected via wire, although i havent had problems with wifi connection via my mobile although i had to reconfigure it with phone now and again.

cant even do broadband speed test as twice now it keeps disconnecting with problem with default gateway

Rhian

defaultgatewayproblem.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 93

Hi Welcome to the community forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 93

I can't do the bt speed test as I tried three times via my computer and all three all was cut off at start of test as pic shows above. All times I get cut off when I get yellow warning triangle icon with ! Inside it and then always have to use troubleshoot to restart the bt hub to reconnect back onto the internet.

Thanks
Rhian
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 93

are you using a wireless or wired connection
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 93

Did say wired connection via hub above

Thanks

Rhian

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 93

could you repost the image showing the error message not the network diagnostics box
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 93

Doesnt excalty say error msg just that it been disconnected from internet with the error icon appears beside the internet icon on desktop.  Have to press troubleshoot menu to get things scanned and restart the bt hub.

But I will try and screenshot what I mean in the morning and also show what I using to cause the problem. 

Thanks

Rhian

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 93

just move the network diagnostics box to one side so the message can be see
0 Ratings