cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 53

Re: ridiculous speed and service

your ip profile is correct for your current connection speed and your download speed is good it needs now the mods to investigated why your connection speed has dropped
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 53

your profile is based on your conenction speed not the other way round.  so you need a higher connection speed to get a higher profile and therefore a faster download speed.  you need mod assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 53

as posted earlier the mods will get it fixed for you just a matter of waiting for them to contact you
0 Ratings
hande
Contributor
Message 24 of 53

This is just going from bad to worse even though the original fault hasn't been fixed. Got in from work to find my internet speed has dropped to ridiculous speeds yet again called the help desk who put me through to level2 tech support where a tech called Suborna Roy said she was going to put me on hold well she did some tests, 55 minutes later still on hold when i got hung up on by the tech without them saying a word.

Called back to yet again be on the phone for 45 minutes only for them to say they are sending me out a new hub which i have to wait in all day on wednesday for meaning i have to take a day off work. This is on top of being on the phone to the call centre in india for nearly 8 hours in total since this started not receiving call backs like i was promised and being kept on hold for silly amounts of time and being hung up on.

I am one very annoyed customer at the moment and would advise anyone thinking of going with BT to think again the service is good when you have it but if you have a problem god help you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 53

hi as you are waiting for the mods you are best advised to avoid the help line as it can cause confusion and unneeded problems as you have found
0 Ratings
hande
Contributor
Message 26 of 53

I appreciate what you are saying but even then there is no excuse for such bad customer service as putting a customer on hold for nearly an hour but then hang up the phone on them without even talking to them again. 

I am in retail myself and have to deal with customer care issues if i was to deal with a customer this way i would be dismissed, and rightly so in my opinion.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 53

this why we say once on the forum if the members cannot resolve the problem then use the mods they will get things done and it removes the help line frustration
0 Ratings
hande
Contributor
Message 28 of 53

just for information in case mods check here before contacting me it looks like my hub was reset overnight and this is my current speedtest and hub details as can be seen its still not right although in reality my speed is fluctuating from 36 kbs to the 1.36 mbs

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 1.36 Mbps

0 Mbps7.15 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.36 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps. IP Profile for your line is - 6.16 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.69 Mbps

0 Mbps0.83 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.69Mbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps
0 Ratings
hande
Contributor
Message 29 of 53

ADSL Line Status

Connection information
Line state:
Connected
Connection time:
0 day, 08:47:59
Downstream:
6,983 Kbps
Upstream:
888 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI:
0/38
Type:
PPPoA
Modulation:
G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:
Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):
6.9 dB / 11.1 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):
46.0 dB / 26.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):
0.0 dBm / 12.9 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):
87092145 / 16
CRC Events (Down/Up):
592938 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):
HEC Errors (Down/Up):
950313 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 53

the last reset has increased your conenction speed to 6.9mb which is about right for your attenuation - your profile is correct.  your downnload speed is low for your profile and I would try a few more btspeedtester but just use the beta version as only looking for download speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings