cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hande
Contributor
Message 31 of 53

Re: ridiculous speed and service

i  am no expert but it seems like i am still getting a lot of errors especially fec errors. i noticed i have been changed to interleaved but from these errors it looks like it is working overtime and cannot cope with the errors on the line but like i said i am no expert. beta speedtest below. also my latency used to be around 21 - 27 and now it is 103 which is also unacceptable

sp1.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 53

at the moment you just need to wait on the mods contacting following your email.  fec errors are high but that is interleaving doing it's job.  you still have a lot of crc/hec errors depite interleaving and this is not helping your download speed.  no point making anymore changes as mods should contact you shortly

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hande
Contributor
Message 33 of 53

sp2.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 53

much the same as before

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 53

just leave every thing as it is until the mods contact you
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 53

glad we agree - that's what I saidSmiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
hande
Contributor
Message 37 of 53

Still waiting to hear from a mod really want this sorted now as it has been dragging on and my internet is so bad i have even started using my mobile's 3g connection as a modem. The only reason i chose BT was in hoping that the customer service would be better than the smaller companies which offer better priced services. Proves how wrong one can be.

Just in case a mod reads this here is my enquiry reference number: 120527-002703

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 53

the mods will get your problem resolved it is just a matter of waiting while your email reaches the top of the pile they have at this time a slight backlog and it can take a little longer than normal to get a reply
0 Ratings
hande
Contributor
Message 39 of 53

Well mod got in touch yesterday (a lot more helpful than the indian call centre) and said i need an engineer call and that he will put my noise margin up until the engineer comes, although been 24 hours now and still not been increased.

Now i just have to wait until the 7th of june to see the engineer so that will be 6 days with next to no internet so far and a further 7 days with reduced internet, if the noise margin gets increased like it is supposed to.

Does anyone know the compensation procedure for Bt for 2 points one being the lack of internet service well i have this fault and the other being how would i go about complaining and getting compensation for the shoddy behaviour i received from the indian call centre which included being kept on hold for 55 minutes and having the phone hung up on me.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 53

unfortunately you are unlikely to get any compensation as you still have a service they only pay out on a total loss of service and there is no guarantee of continuous service for broadband 
you can use the this link to make your complaint  https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact

0 Ratings