cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hande
Contributor
Message 41 of 53

Re: ridiculous speed and service

well it has now been 52 hours since i was told by a mod my noise margin would be increased 12 dbsto give me some sort of internet connection and it has still not happened my noise margin is still 6.7 dbs.

This is going from bad to worse

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 53

Hi can you please repost your hubstats again  it can  take wholesale  some time to  set a fixed noise margin please just be patient  the mods  and the engineer will get this resolved 

@hande wrote:

well it has now been 52 hours since I was told by a mod my noise margin would be increased 12 dbsto give me some sort of internet connection and it has still not happened my noise margin is still 6.7 dbs.

This is going from bad to worse

0 Ratings
hande
Contributor
Message 43 of 53

Well after speaking to Craig (the mod) on Saturday my noise margin finally got increased to 10.9 dbs Saturday evening which at least gave me a useable if slower internet connection but just over 24 hours later it has again dropped, this time to 5.1 dbs. This is now getting silly, it has taken me nearly 15 minutes just to get on here and post a simple message. Here are my hub stats.

ADSL Line Status

Connection information
Line state:
Connected
Connection time:
2 days, 03:57:00
Downstream:
6,162 Kbps
Upstream:
888 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI:
0/38
Type:
PPPoA
Modulation:
G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:
Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):
5.1 dB / 10.4 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):
46.0 dB / 26.1 dB
Output power (Down/Up):
0.0 dBm / 12.8 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):
304153364 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):
3647878 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):
HEC Errors (Down/Up):
44237651 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):
0 / 16
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 53

sooner you get an engineer the better so you can get rid of the noise that is causing the very high crc/hec errors

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 45 of 53

I have had similar problems to many on here one month my speed was around 5mbps and now it is half that speed. I have been down the help desk rout on a couple of occasions and had 2 engineers check my line and equipment reset at the exchange too. I still have less than half the speed I had for the previous year. I was told by the second engineer that BT had run an extra line to the village, as Im about a mile from the exchange, He told me this was a lower capacity cable with reduced capacity!! and I had been put on this line. I find it inconceivable to think you even get lower capacity cable in the first place and if you are upgrading cable why would you put in an inferior capacity cable when you take the time to "upgrade" a system when there will always be higher demands on an expanding community unless this was a conscious plan to limit demand on an exchange that is under capacity. It was also intimated that finer optic cables will be run in the next 2 years. So why wasn't this run at the same time to prevent further expense in the future. I now find myself with an ever degrading service while still paying for a higher level service. Unless this is just a smoke screen to reduce my usage to save money on exchange upgrade.

0 Ratings
hande
Contributor
Message 46 of 53

Definitely but that is if one turns up on thursday as they are supposed too, with the way the rest of BT's service has been i'm not going to hold my breath.

The really annoying part though is after over a week with a next to useless connection i finally managed to get my noise margin increased so that i at least had some form of connection, only for the noise margin to drop again little more than 24 hours later to yet again a level which makes it virtually useless.

What i don't understand is why it has dropped again to 5.1 dbs after being increased to 10.9 dbs, i am really not impressed with BT at the moment and would highly advise anyone thinking of going with BT to think again.

This will definitely cost BT customer's as i work for a major retailer selling computer's and advising customer's on their computer needs which includes broadband supplier's. I cann't in all honesty recommend BT to them after the service i have received the last 10 days.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 53

looks like your noise margin was reset to 12db but not fixed which resulted in the system automatically setting it back to normal when you did not have any drops in connection.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hande
Contributor
Message 48 of 53

Well that really is ridiculous and yet again doesn't say a lot for BT. I have emailed Craig, the mod i have been talking to, about this but i very much doubt anything will be done anytime soon as it is now the bank holiday. Plus the fact he stated on Saturday he would call me yesterday to check the noise margin reset had been done and i didn't receive any call from him.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 49 of 53

hi i have flagged your post to the mods there will have been a good reason why you were not contacted the mods do not usually forget a call back
0 Ratings
hande
Contributor
Message 50 of 53

Thanks for that but like i stated earlier i am not going to hold my breath waiting for anything after the way things have been the last 10 days.
0 Ratings