cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

rubbish service from bt yet again!

so i phoned up to cancel my contract with bt today after 3 years, ive had 3 contracts one after the other and its about to run out so i thought id switch to someone else as its cheaper!

i was told that i get charged a few pounds for leaving the phone contract which is wrong but whatever not worth a headache for a few quid. but was then told that they will charge me £30 for someone to come out and flick a switch for the broadband!!!! what??? so does anyone know if this is right? im sure it cant be as i said ive been with them for 3 years, i paid all that money to connect up my phone 3 years ago, paid all the connection fees for broadband and whatever and now they say thanks for being our customer, were sorry to see you go, now pay us more money??? i explained to the guy on the phone i am switching to another company and he couldnt do a better deal but wasnt really bothered. every time i have to contact them they are rude or dont know what they are talking about/not enough training. i am completely appalled by the service they give. i cannot afford £30 i am leaving them as it cost too much anyway for what i get.

if anyone can help me out with a few suggestions i would be grateful, thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: rubbish service from bt yet again!

there is a £30 charge for cancelling your broadband but if you transfer to another provider and get a MAC code from BT then there is no £30 charge.  there are numerous posts about this and it is in the T&C

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

You need to get a MAC code from BT's cancellations department.  Give that code to your new supplier and let them deal with the switch over.  That way you do not have to pay the £30 charge.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

this is the link regarding the broadband cease fee this covers the costs of an engineer to remove wiring from the exchange broadband equipment ant the updating of line records http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...

the charge can be avoided by using a MAC code and transferring your service to another supplier and not cancelling it