cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

rubbish speeds and bt dont seem to care

when i got bt infinaty i was getting 34mbs of the advitised 70 odd but this was great i was happy 

then about a year ago my speed dropped to 21mbs this was still ok and as bt said this was faster than the 19 the minimum i was like meh i can live with it 

then 6 months ago it dropped to 15-18 mbs again i questoned it and was told it was ok and there was nothing wrong nothing i could do about it 

now ive had another speed drop and im getting 0.2 to 8mps if im lucky and bt keep canceling the engineer i book to sort it out then deny i ever had one booked and today there now telling me there is nothing wrong with my line and that im getting 19mbs which is the minimum speed im not im getting 0.2 - 8 mbs 

i asked the lady on the phone if i can make a complant she said no and i can talk to the manager on monday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im at a loss at what to do bt will soon lose a customer if this is not fixed asap 

i took time out my day friday for a engineer to come only to be tole there was no need and it would be fixed by friday 😞 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: rubbish speeds and bt dont seem to care

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then scroll down the page and carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you have a Homehub 5 can you post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the Homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

or

If you have the Smart Hub, (Homehub 6) can you go to hub manager then advanced then technical log and post the stats. http://bthomehub.home/

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

hope this is what you are after Screenshot (1452).pngScreenshot (1453).pngScreenshot (1454).pngScreenshot (1455).pnganted 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

What about quiet line test?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

sorry i had to plug a phone in i dont use the land line as all i get is 20 ppi and accident clame and people telling me my computer has a virus calls a day lol 

there is a noise not loud but its there and it pulses 🙂

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

Did you do the Quiet Line Test from the hidden test socket?

Try plugging your router into the hidden test socket that is revealed when you remove the bottom half of the split faceplate (2 screws) of your master socket. Only do this if you have a split faceplate. Do you have any extension sockets? Are there any wires connected to back of faceplate?

Post your full Router Stats when plugged into test socket.

Try the BT Quiet Line Test (dial 17070 Opt 2), preferably with a corded phone, in the test socket with the router disconnected. If there is any noise, report to your landline provider as a voice fault (don't mention Broadband). Often sorting out voice faults will fix the Broadband as well.

Message 7 of 10

Report a line fault on 151 don't mention broadband. Once the line noise is sorted out your speed should return.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

hi the only cable i have for the router is too small to fit and i dont have a adapter 

and the phone test is the same 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

If you can hear noise just report it not mentioning broadband in the call your speed will then start to improve automatically
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi @xanderyoyo and thanks for posting.

The guys are correct here. If there's noise on the line you need to report that to 151. Once that's fixed your broadband connection will recover automatically. Can you let me know how you get on with that?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings