cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmpogeorge
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

s.yimg.com problem

When I try to get my emails I sign in and my list of messages shows for a short period but I am quickly transfered to a site https://s.yimg.com which tells me the page can't be displayed. What is going on. I am using IE11. I managed to get in using chrome but all my PW etc are stored in IE so I would prefer to stick with that. Is this a mail migration problem or a bt problem. AFAIK I am stll on yahoo mail although with a BTinternet address. ANy help on how to avoid what is happening gratefully received.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: s.yimg.com problem

Can you remove the link you have posted. Delete the https part. It is a browser hijacker and can be difficult to remove. You should download and run Malwarebytes and also run your virus checker. You should do this in Windows "safe mode" to try and stop the program running when the malware and antivirus searches for it.

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

You can stop panicing.

The domain yimg.com belongs to Yahoo.  It's just a server they use for some of their content.

0 Ratings
Quelch
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Maybe it is being confused with S3 ytimg virus?

yimg.com is a genuine part of the Yahoo network. Are you perhaps not setting IE to allow yahoo cookies ?

0 Ratings
tmpogeorge
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I have changed nothing. I realised that it was a Yahoo domain but didn't know why I was being transfered. It used to work OK didn't on Tuesday night for some reason and is now back working the way it always had before Tuesday. I guess it's a BT/Yahoo transient problem.Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
alva114
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

s.yimg.com is a browser hijacker that is designed to hijack your browser and change its settings, homepage and default search engine completely. It is generally give free downloads and displays ads and sponsored links on the search results.

0 Ratings