cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fadetogrey53
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

samsung wont connect to wifi

Hi all,looking for some help if possible.Daughter bought a samsung mobile and when visiting her 2 sisters homes her phone picked up their BT wifi no problems.Howeverwhen she came to my home and tried to get on my BT wifi even using the proper code number for the homehub4 her phone said "searching for iP address" then says "network disabled" even though her phone picks up neighbours wifi no problem.

Now my hub works 100% and as I said she was even using the proper code number in her phone to register yet it still will not allow her on.Her phone also worked no bother in her own homes bt wifi so it seems to be something only with mine.If anyone can help Id be very grateful thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: samsung wont connect to wifi

Was your daughter trying to connect to btwifi or your home network ssid?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
fadetogrey53
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi thanks for the reply,its our home hub 4 shes trying to connect to.other daughters mobiles and my own connect no bother,and her samsung is showing neighbours bt and other wifi available and connected and it also connected at her own house to bt again no problem.Not sure if it makes any difference that my bt broadband is fibre optic and the rest are normal broadband??

It seems to go through the motion ie searching for ip address for my hub whereas for the others it just finds them and locks on immediatley. 

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

you could try a factory reset of the hub that should resolve the problem
pauliolio
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I know it's tres cliche - But have you tried pulling the power from your hub for 20 seconds or so & then powering it back up again?

If you haven't I'd try this before a factory reset.

For some reason routers do this occasionally, they work fine for any device that's connected to them before, and for most new devices that come along, but then you'll get one that it just won't give an IP address to.

99% of the time I find that'turning it off & on again' solves the problem & the device can then connect OK.