cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
challenger
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

sending very large email attachments (100MB+)

Hi,

I want to send aome video attachments to a friend, the problem is that the largest of them is approx 120MB in size!!

I've tried to Zip them to make them smaller but it doesn't make a lot of difference

When i've tried to send them they get bouced back for being too large.

Any thoughts on how i can email them to my frend?

Regards

Challenger
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: sending very large email attachments (100MB+)

@challenger wrote:

Hi,

I want to send aome video attachments to a friend, the problem is that the largest of them is approx 120MB in size!!

I've tried to Zip them to make them smaller but it doesn't make a lot of difference

When i've tried to send them they get bouced back for being too large.

Any thoughts on how i can email them to my frend?

Hi.

There are various ways to send large files - you can use file transfer in something like skype or a different messenger service (e.g. yahoo, msn etc) - this requires you both to be online at the same time.

There are a variety of other online services like https://www.transferbigfiles.com/ - but read their T&Cs.

You can use your digital vault, which can be accessed via the portal at login. You can upload a file, and then email your contacts where to find the file to either download or view.

You can setup a youtube account (which is free) and send them up. You can make them private and only allow viewing by invite.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Further to Andy's suggestion you might google and download "Dropbox" to your PC, upload the file to your dropbox and allow your friend to access the file there. 

It isnt then actually e-mailed as such at all.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi there, if you wanna send very large email attachments that pass the 100 MB mark, then your probably best advised uploading them to a website, such as: http://emailattachment.net/ . all you gotta do then is add a link to your email to where youve uploaded them and your done. Hope this helps, Dereck.

0 Ratings