cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

setting default gateway on new HH5

Hi

I set up our new faster broadband connection yesterday with bt home hub 5. Seemed to be working fine, however now when I open up the computer and try to connect to the internet I get a page cannot be displayed and windows diagnostic box with fix connection problems. This goes to reset the wireless network connection and says the default gateway is not available. It then fixes it and my connection is up and running fine. I clearly need to alter my settings somewhere so that this does not happen. I also have an ipad but this connects up fine without any bother. I have just spent 2 hours of my life on the phone and online chat to bt,s indian help centre and the best they can come up with is sending out a replacement hub. I am sure this is not necessary and it just needs altering somehow to recognise the new hub as the default gateway. Any help would be appreciated as I,m loosing the will.

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: setting default gateway on new HH5

This suggestion by forum member  gg30340, may fix the problem.

Select Start

• In the Start Search field type ncpa.cpl and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
  • In the new window, right-click on your Wireless Network Connection and select Properties.
  • In the This connection uses the following items section, remove the tick beside (i.e. disable) Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then press OK.

Left click on Internet Protocol IPV4, click on properties. Check the options to obtain IP address and DNS Server address automatically.

0 Ratings