cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ab79
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

shocking deals for existing customers

I currently have infinity 1 broadband and are near the end of my contract. I rang up to re contract and possibly add bttv entertainment but was shocked how poor a deal i was offered when adding the you view box. With the infinity 1 + TV entertainment I was offered something that was £6 more than new customers (online only, but of course existing ones can't do this) and that's without taking in to account I would still have my old home hub 3 ( no new hh5 offered ) and the Sainsburys gift voucher. I am certainly leaving if that's all they can offer but I'm just amazed how far from new customers my retentions deal was. I will just see if this changes when I ring up for my mac code, I will see!!
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
jbancroft1
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: shocking deals for existing customers

I realise that all the TV companies treat existing customers like this, but they should start to get this message.....there have been plenty of surveys about customer retention, and they all come to the conclusion that it costs about 5 times as much to obtain a new customer, than it does to retain an an existing customer.I am a loyal BT customer for over  40 years and am currently paying double the price for my infinity broadband as advertised for a new customer on BT's current advert. To add insult to injury, when my 12 month contact ends shortly, the price will increase further as my small discount will cease.

What a cheek!!

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

Wait until the MAC code arrives.  They are likely to include another phone number with the message.  Try phoning that and they may suddenly "discover" new offers that weren't available before.

ab79
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

My recent experience with o2 has been great in terms of looking after existing customers with my upgrade deal so it is a shame. I'm almost thinking I want to move now whatever, as it shouldn't take a MAC code request to get a half decent deal. To be fair the lad/bloke on the phone was really apologetic and himself called the situation stupid. He went to speak to his manager who didn't budge a bit apparantly. I suppose if they can splash out £12.5 billion they won't miss my 30/40 quid a month!
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

contact customer options 0800 800 030 and you can negotiate a better deal there
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

deals on fibre connection are very hard to get at present not like the very good deals on adsl you get from options team.  probably due to the demand/take up of fibre availability

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jbancroft1
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Deals for infinity fibre broadband are currrently being advertised at half price....£7.50 a month on a 12 month contract for new customers, which is my gripe.

As a long standing existing customer, I an expected to spend more than twice as much for the same service.

Seems existing customers are being taken for a ride!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

If you don't mind all the hassle then switch providers every time contract due for renewal if you want a cheaper deal.  the ISPs rely on people not wanting the hassle hence fibre deals are newhere as good as new business nor as good as adsl renewals

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ComputerGeek
Expert
Message 9 of 9

every year i threat to leav BT infinity due to its cr8p service lol and ask for the isp MAC code  - as soon as i get that, bang...new offers available.

I will be looking at other providers soon as over the last 5 months it has been a bit dreadful lol

But one thing i cant fault is the forum mods on here, fantastic!

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings