cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
faraday
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

silverlight

Google Chrome & BT state they support Silverlight Vid Player.  I have same problem: BT Sport page comes up & I try to play and get errors  'VC092' AND '6036'.  Working through all help shown by BT etc. does not get the video working.

I am - finally - asked to "Right Click on the BT Sport online video player and select SILVERLIGHT.  I can not find this on the BT Sport page!

So where is the icon for the BT Sport online Video Player - Please!

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: silverlight

silverlight is a microsoft product http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

You need to right click on the screen itself, where you would see the action of you could get it. A box with the word "Silverlight" should appear, and clicking that gets you to some options.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
faraday
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Right clicking screen does not get Silverlight - although it is installed.  So no BT Sport!

Thanks anyway for your time and I don't see how the rating worked as clicking only gave you a 1 which I can't change.

Regards

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

Just a thought, is Silverlight enabled on your computer? In Internet Explorer go to Tools > Manage add-ons > Show >All add-ons > if Silverlight's disabled right-click and select Enable. Not sure how to do it in Chrome but I think enabling in one browser enables it for all.

By the way, the "1" in the forum rating is simply a count of the number of members who've clicked the star, there's no scale.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
faraday
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

I think I've tried everything, now.  Yes it (Silverlght) seems to be enabled - well it is in IE.

There seems to be a flaw in Chrome: e.g. if you click top right on the 3 lines

then click Settings' then 'Network' you can click a box called 'change proxy settings'

which gives the normal small 'Internet Properties' window, where changes can be made.

The sly thing here is this is the Microsoft IE window!  So if like me IE does not work on the Desk Top

AT ALL then BT Sport with Microsoft Silverlight is unlikely to work.  What am I saying?

I think I'm hinting that IE is a fundamental requirement for BT Sport to work under Silverlight.

Sorry for the long winded account - I think I did it for my sake!

Thanks for trying.

P.S. Phoned BT and bottom line is told me to get a computer man in.  £££!!!

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

@faraday wrote:
So if like me IE does not work on the Desk Top AT ALL then BT Sport with Microsoft Silverlight is unlikely to work.   

Why does IE not work at all? Which type of OS are you running (Microsoft Windows or Apple Mac OS)? BT Sport will not work with Chrome on the Apple Mac OS.

The BT Sport online player will work on the following browsers:

Windows PCs

Internet Explorer 7 or above
    Firefox
    Chrome

Some people have reported problems with the match centre on Internet Explorer 7. To fix this, we recommend that you upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or above.

Mac

OS 10.5.7 or above
    Safari 4+

The Silverlight plug-in is not supported on Google Chrome on Macs. We recommend that you use the Safari browser instead.

0 Ratings