Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taddlington
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

slow and erratic connection

Go to solution

hi, i was wondering if you could help me with my speed, i tried to do the bt speed test but the page wouldnt display. The connection is driving me to distraction and frustration. When my broadband slowed down i would restart the hub but recently the speed is very slow, any help would be appreciated! 

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 00:33:02
Downstream:512 Kbps
Upstream:288 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):8.7 dB / 8.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):76.3 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up):14.1 dBm / 12.3 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):101 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):1 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):1 / 0
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: slow and erratic connection

Go to solution

from your stats I think you are on a fixed half meg connection due to your distance from the exchange

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Hi you are on a very long line and are on a fixed 512k line your speed is unlikely to get any higher i am afraid
Taddlington
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

the mad thing is, i moved less than a mile away from my previous address and it has a good 8meg connection. Also i live in the countryside and towns near me are going to be getting infinity while those who cant get decent broadband are left behind and still have to pay full price for the aweful connection speeds.

although i will mark this as accepted im still not happy at how those in the countryside are left behind!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
there are many rural areas getting infinity
0 Ratings
Taddlington
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

i dont deny that, but they probably have good broadband as it it, you see my adsl stats, those where i live are on the same exchange and have the same problems as me and then im told it probably will not change. why doesnt bt get everybody up to a good speed before they roll out faster speeds to those with decent broadband?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@Taddlington wrote:

why doesnt bt get everybody up to a good speed before they roll out faster speeds to those with decent broadband?

Money.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
They have start Rolling it out somewhere people nearer to your exchange will have better speeds there are people in large towns and cities on very low-speeds like yours as well you are not on your own it is the laws of physics that limit your speed a few years ago you would have been beyond the range of broadband completely at your distance from your exchange unfortunately BT cannot move the exchange nearer to you that is why fibre is being rolled out as the local street cabinet becomes like a small exchange where the fibre goes to it and your broadband then travels the last distance over existing copper but even then thee are users over a certain distance from the cabinet who will still not get it
Taddlington
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

well thanks for the reply guys, guess i just have to move where the brdbnd is faster if i want it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
it will get to you eventually
0 Ratings