Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robertgee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 28

slow broadband, drop outs all the time - need help please

Hi

have registered on here as having problems with constant drop outs, really really really slow broadband (so slow I cant open emails, let alone watch a video on youtube or the like).

I have tried all the tests, plugging things in different ways and all the things mentioned in the guide.

I live in quite a rural area and although I understand that it will be slow out in the sticks when I first moved in I could stream loads of videos, download files and much more than I could ever dream of doing now.

We had our house rewired about a month ago and everything was/is fine with the wiring so not really sure where to go from here.

I will try and upload the required information on here but I am not the best with tech speak so please be simple and kind.

thanks

internet.jpg

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Robertgee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 28

Re: slow broadband, drop outs all the time - need help please

internet2.jpg

from the router

0 Ratings
Robertgee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 28

speed test

internet3.jpg

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 28

welcome to the forum

can you see if you can post stats again but larger as I am having difficulty in reading them

are you conencted to test socket with a new filter?

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone  if cordless then dull hum normal

at present your profile is at rock bottom due to a drop in connection/manual reset wher connection speed very low

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Robertgee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 28

internetnew1.jpg

internet new 2.jpg

hope these are better.

I have doen the silent line test and it is clear as day on both a corded and cordless phone.

it done in normal socket as cant find a "test" socket.

We had a rewire a month ago in the house and had new face plates put on but interent was rubbish before then anyway.

The electricity would have been on and off, on and off during this process, could this have led to a poor connection rate/

thanks inadvance

Rob

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 28

the on/off of power if the hub was conencted during that would certainly have an adverse effect on your broadband.  looking at your stats which I can now read your noise margin is at 19db whereas normal is 6db and this results in a lower than normal connection speed

you now need to stay connected 24/7 with no resets for 3/5 days and noise margin should start to reduce and speed increase.  If you get 2 3+ days connection time and noise margin has not changed then repost the 2 lines of stats from the logs and mods will hel by resetting noise margin

test socket would be here  test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Robertgee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 28

When you say "stay connected" that means don't reset, unplug or power off the home hub?

I can't find a plate with the test socket option on it anywhere in the house. I know what one is and how it works as had problems in a previous property. Will try and upload a photo of the set up I have
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 28

yes that is correct leave it connected and switched on 24/7
0 Ratings
Robertgee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 28

It has been on 24/7 and switched on since the day the rewire finished about a month ago. Do my stats show it's been disconnected since then? I'm useless with the tech to be honest.

Will removing the filter and phone line to do a quiet line check have caused the time it has been on for to reset back to 0 days?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 28

your hub is only showing 13 minutes connection time
0 Ratings