cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilGuy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

slow broadband upload speed

My postcode is NN11 0XR.  Using BT HUB 4a with wifi. Max download speed about 7-8 mbps. Upload speed about 0.3mbps. It used to be about 0.7mbps but it has gone down now even further - I do not know why. Most of my work depends on decent upload speeds. This is now so slow, uploading data and particularly pdf files to a web site which I do regularly is almost impossible - it keeps timing out. BT  Infinity is not available in this area. Can you help please.   

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: slow broadband upload speed

post stats from hub  as hh4  need to gp to logs then wan and you are looking for 2 line together when router last reset showing connection speed and noise margin

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be with ethernet connection and not firefox  best with edge  http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NeilGuy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Capture.jpg

Not sure how get Home HUB 4 data. I will reply again later

0 Ratings
NeilGuy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 20

The BT Speeed testCapture_4.jpg

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 20

can you use the btspeedtester link I posted and post diagnostic results using ethernet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NeilGuy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 20

Capture_5.jpg

BT Home Hub 4A Event log . Having a problem with the BTspeedtest.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 20

need to change category to wan and you are looking for last time router reset  if you check hub stats you will see conenction time which will give you some idea where to look in wan logs

did you try edge for btspeedtester

0 Ratings
NeilGuy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 20

I don't have an Ethernet connection. Using Edge, but I have a problem getting into the BT ID due to passcode issues.
0 Ratings
NeilGuy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Capture_6.jpg

HERE ARE THE WAN STATS

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 20

not sure why you need BTID  btspeedtester just needs your phone number  no need for test 3

unfortunately you need to run with ethernet connection as wireless is susceptible to interference from with your home and from outside

0 Ratings