cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

slow conection

Hi just wondered if there was any magic answer to my really slow conection.

its never been lightning fast as we are rural but in the last few days it has gone from around 6 mbps to 2 mbps 

coincidently there is a lot of work going on locally as they are laying on fibre , i wondered if all the messing about up poles has had an effect on my old conection, 

now off to try filter and spare router see what that does, 

Thanks 

Joe

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: slow conection

Can you post your hub stats

enter your phone number and post results remember delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

try quiet line test. Dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

hiya , thanks for the responce  its actually a lot better today oddly 

all quiet on the line test maybe ill try that when its bad again , 
bt2.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Which hub do you have?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

my bt one died in a storm a few years back so im using a Netgear  N600 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

You need to find the stats showing connection speed, internet connection time, noise margin, attenuation, max attainable speed

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

thankyou for that ok ill hunt about .. may not worry for a bit as its been fine for a few days now , i do wonder if its all the work going on locally with them installing fiber .. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

The fibre installation should not affect your adsl connection

0 Ratings