Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irban
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

slow running lap top

Go to solution

My lap top is so slow it really isnt worth me booting it up. Last night I went  on to google and downloaded a Norton recommended site to improve my speed.  It became obvious as the scan was progressing that I had over 200 problems.  I immediately stopped the scan and attempted to un install the programme.  All that did was to restart the programme all over again.I tried 'change' and that brought up a notice from Norton recommending that I uninstall the programme.  Clicking on that proved negative.  How can I get rid of this programme.  I have a number of programmes on my computer i.e Malwares ByC Cleaner, spybot etc.  Any help would be most welcome  My Main concern is that this programme may be doing other things whilst it is resident on my computer

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: slow running lap top

Go to solution

It sounds like you have problems which are out side the remit of this forum however to try and assist I would suggest that you download and run Malwarebytes Free version and delete any of the rubbish that it finds.

You should also download and run ADW Cleaner

https://toolslib.net/downloads/finish/1/

and delete the rubbish it finds.

You should also uninstall any programmes that you no longer need and then run a virus scan.

It may be that what ever program you have downloaded will not be removed during these scans and you will need to start your computer in safe mode and try running uninstall from there. You could also then re-run the above scans while in safe mode to ensure you have found everything.

Depending how you get on with the above it may e that you will either need to get somebody that knows what they are doing to have a look at your computer or do a factory refresh of your computer to wipe and re-install Windows. This will delete everything on your computer so you will need to back up all your documents pictures etc or you will lose them.

irban
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: slow running lap top

Go to solution
Many thanks for your usual speedy reply. Problem solved, programme deleted. Mlost grateful
0 Ratings