cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

slow speed struggling to fix, broadband cuts when phone rings and when it is put down

3mb download. Each time i troubleshoot "BroadBand" i get to the stage where the site is checking for a "LandLine Fault" at which point the internet cuts out (the routers broadband light goes from blue/working to off/black) about 15 serconds later the webpage times out stoping the check for the "landline fault", meaning that i cannot get pass this check and therefore connot get past the "diagnostic" stage to the "results" stage, which i assume means that i cannot properly report my problems. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: slow speed struggling to fix, broadband cuts when phone rings and when it is put down

sounds like a short in the exchange / master socket problem. I had exactly the same a few years ago

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Re: slow speed struggling to fix, broadband cuts when phone rings and when it is put down

Hi @zaffina and welcome.

Can you try running a speed test including the further diagnostics and post the results? Do you have any noise on the line? Can you try dialling 17070 option 2 and let us know how you get on?

Cheers

David

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

slow.pngthese are the results after the tests sorry that i took a while to reply, this dose seem slow, as for the 17070 noise test i could only hear a small amout of what most would descibe as static tho i am not cirtain that it was static, thank you for you responce 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Here Is the other test result.test.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router you may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or if HH4/5 then go to troubleshooting then logs and you are looking for 2 line together when hub last connected to internet and they will show your connection speed and noise margin or if netgear enter 192.168.0.1). 

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

try quiet line test again and see if still 'static' noise

you currently have 3mb download speed

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

av.pngIadsl.pngIt may be the problem that the master socket is in the hall, in other words an awkward spot. I am not currently using it for the Hub, I'm not sure how much of a difference this will make? I can't really move the hub since my computer is connected via Ethernet. Is this Purely the problem?

0 Ratings