Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D1zzi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

slow video streaming, laggy/glitchy facetime, skype and VOIP calls

Go to solution

I keep having issues with my infinity service where video streaming constantly goes through stages of buffering. 

Facetime calls have issues where it glitches out and randomly drops the call.

online games also randomly disconnect or have huge lag.

I did the DSL tester and I got the following error message:

Your service was found to be performing poorly.
Please raise a fault with your service provider, stating that the BT Performance Tester tool indicates poor service throughput performance after the third test.

Would it be best for the mods to have a look at or call up?

estimatedspeeds.pngBTDSLSTATS.pngbtspeedtest.pngbttap3.png

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: slow video streaming, laggy/glitchy facetime, skype and VOIP calls

Go to solution

Are you using a wired or wireless connection to run btspeedtester?

are you connected to test socket with a new filter to see if that helps?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
D1zzi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Wired connection and I have used the test socket with a new filter to test with.

0 Ratings
D1zzi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

My connection has been dropping all day around 5-30 minutes.
Currently it has stayed connected for nearly an hour. Called "Tech support" who have said that level 2 will back on Tuesday between 1-3
They can see it has been dropping out but there are no errors on the line. 

Not sure if this relevent but the drop wire is the old grey figure 8/speaker wire type and an openreach engineer I had round last year for telephone issue said it should have been replaced when I ordered FTTC from my previous provider but the contractor who installed it just popped on a filter and screwed the openreach modem to the wall. did a speed test then left.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

are you currently in test socket with a new filter especially if you have extension sockets in other rooms?

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
D1zzi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Yes I am currently in the test socket. I went out and purchased a new filter this morning and it was still disconnecting.

17070 just has a slight hiss

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

if that was with a corded phone then you need to report a phone fault to 151 and get phone engineer not broadband.  get rid of hiss and broadband should improve

0 Ratings
D1zzi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

it was with a cordless but I went out and got a cheap corded phone and the line was clear.
The issue was raised with BT wholesale who had openreach check all the joints on the line according to India. (Don't believe that for one bit) But whatever they did has resolved the problem.

My internet connection actually been stable and no throughput issues at all. Only 1 disconnection today to increase my speed from 17mbps to 22mbps. Never ever had a speed above 19mbps from living at this address but a terrible internet connection.

Hopefully it will stay this way.

newstatsBT.png

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Looks good with speed nearer top end of estimate 

here's hoping that's it now fixed

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @D1zzi

Thanks for posting back to let us know that everything is sorted now.  I have marked your post as the accepted solution.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings