cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stylis
Beginner
Message 1 of 26

slow wired but fast wireless connection. What's gone wrong.

Hi folks hi hope somebody can help me out, massively frustrated at the moment.

I had Infinity installed about a month ago and have been massively impressed with the speeds I'm getting, but for the last two weeks I've been having a Strange problem. 

I'm going to try and explain this the best that I can.

First off my wireless speeds are fine and get about 20mbs via wireless to my laptop,

Same kind of speeds wireless to my ps3 and phone.

I also get 38mbs via Ethernet to my laptop and ps3 etc, but every day this drops down to 0.5mbs and stays that way till I restart the hub, and then it goes back to 38mbs.

Now here's the strange part, when the Ethernet connections drop to 0.5 meg I can still achieve 25 mbs via wireless.

I have tried numerous different wiring configurations, different cables to different devices and different ports, but it stays at the same speed till I restart the hub and everythings fine again untill I come home from work the next day , and the speed has dropped again.

Anyone able to shed some light on what might be happening? 

25 REPLIES 25
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: slow wired but fast wireless connection. What's gone wrong.

0 Ratings
stylis
Beginner
Message 3 of 26

dont think this guy has same problem as me, with me its different devices all suffering the same issue. i.e ps3 and laptop via wired = slow.

Via wirless = lightning.

0 Ratings
stylis
Beginner
Message 4 of 26

Also just to add, just looked into router settings and my ps3 is connected at 100mps, so the person in the above post has a different issue,

I was looking for a possible solution not a link to a 14 page disscusion with nothing but speculation from numerous posters about what could be the problem but with nobody having any clear answers. 

but thank you for the help but i'm still no clearer. anybody else have any ideas.

cheers

0 Ratings
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 26

Do you have type a or type b HH3? Also please post your firmware version.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 26

Has to be a dodgy Ethernet cable or the Ethernet port on either device.

It's not a problem with the connection coming into the hub as it works on wireless.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 26

Thought it could be one of the batch with dodgy ethernet ports.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
stylis
Beginner
Message 8 of 26

definatley nothing to do with cables or ethernet ports on devices other wise the hub restart wouldnt fix the problem. plus as the post mentions i havetried different cables but thanks anyway, i will post  firmware details for hub  in a couple of moments.

0 Ratings
stylis
Beginner
Message 9 of 26

Software version V100R001C01B031SP09_L_B

TYPE B HUB

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 26

It has been found that a restart has solved the ethernet problem temporarily so it certainly could be a hub issue as has been posted on the forum using the forum search facility is very worthwhile 

0 Ratings