cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

slower Broadband after moving home .

Hello , so i recently moved about 12 days ago , i used to have 16mbps in my old place now im having only 5mbps . I heard that i need to stay connected for about 10 days in order to getfull speed .  

I am connected 12 days now and nothing is changed . I am providing some more details below .

Line state:Connected
Connection time:12 days, 10:47:17
Downstream:5.188 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):3.4 dB / 25.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):44.3 dB / 28.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.0 dBm / 12.0 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 24
CRC Events (Down/Up):28346 / 111
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):31353 / 2
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):14687 / 186

What should i do in my case ?  

Thank You .

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: slower Broadband after moving home .

You could try connecting to the test socket other than that you are getting near to the speed your line can support now

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

can you check your exchnage and see if 21CN enabled  

check exchange

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

just checked your previous post presumably from previous address and then you were about 2km from exchange whereas now you are 3.2km - significant change

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

so is that maximum i can get right now ? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

is your exchnage 21CN enabled?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

this link will give an idea of expected speed on good line with no noise problems  http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

21CN WBC status:

Enabled
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

are you connected to test socket as that may increase your current speed.  as you have just moved into a new home it appears that wholesale have put you on adslmax whereas before you were on adsl2/2+.  if you use the link I posted you will get an idea of likely speed if mods manage the upgrade

I have asked the mods if they can see if you can get back to adsl2/2+ which will give a bit more speed.  the  mods will post a contact us link.  it may be that wholesale will not give an option of adsl2/2+ which has happened a few time recently but need to wait and see 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 13

Hi souloo,

Thanks for posting. I'll take a look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings