cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 30

Re: slowing speed

For the vast majority, the home hub 5 is more than capable. Unless you don't get on with it, personally I wouldn't waste your money on a different router.

Let us know in a week or so how the connection is doing
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 30

checked this morning everything back to normal, speed back up noise margin better. should i try and put back in socket or leave in test socket for a bit longer2016-04-06.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 30

noise margin still a bit high at 7.9db so I would leave it in test socket for a few days if you can and let it settle to make sure stable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 30

2016-04-11.pngchecked this afternoon and has you can see the noise margin is still high but the ping and speed is stable should i try taking out of test socket and see what happen .the noise margin as been about 8.0 the past few days

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 30

your noise margin will reduce automatically but need a stable connection before DLM will make the change.  moving router won't improve noise margin just reset conenction time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 30

been in test socket now for a month and no change speed has got slower and also ive checked stats and for some reason it keeps disconnecting at between 4am and 5am this week, been on to live chat not got anywhere with that2016-05-14.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 30

if you cannot maintain a stable conenction the DLM will not drop noise margin and increase conenction speed  you are goung to need a broadband engineer visit to find cause of connection drops  you can ask hime to reset your conenction when he fixes the problem

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 30

thats what was said on live chat but its the £130 cost that could be charged that put me off

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 30

the charge is only if the problem is found to be in your setup or internal wiring.  if you are using the test socket and conenction is still dropping then more than likely problem outside your home and you will not be charged  you also won't be charged if no fault found'

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 30

Re: whats all this about

thought it was thanks for the quick reply
0 Ratings