cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gargoyle
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

smart phone has disconnected from homehub

Have had major issues since recently renewing my package with BT. The remaining one is that my HTC Desire C will not connect to the Homehub anymore and I have tried resetting the hub and followed every advice on the forums and nothing is working it out. It connected fine before I took out the new subscription. My Homehub and phone line are working perfectly and have been checked. Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: smart phone has disconnected from homehub

I assume you are using the same home hub? Do other devices connect without problems?

Try a factory reset of the home hub, then "forget" the wireless connection on the HTC, and finally rescan again for the hub, and re-enter the wireless key.

0 Ratings
gargoyle
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

The other device I had trouble with was a nexus 7 and I resolved it with help from the forum. I'm hesitant to factory reset. Does this cause reconnection problems with the PC? The homehub is an old one, but working just fine and doing that might send the nexus 7 off course again! I've done what the call centre suggested and reset wireless association and then reset the hub and the HTC came back on automatically for a while, but has since just come up with connecting to ip address and with signal strength being excellent, doesn't connect.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Connection problems can occur if the hubs DHCP table fills up, as it fails to flush old entries properly.

Resetting the hub to factory default, clears this table. The wireless key will revert to whatever is written on the home hub.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

I would do as Keith has suggested. Carry out a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. On your phone, "forget" the connection to the home hub and restart the phone. Scan for networks and reconnect to your homehub using the wireless passkey found on the label on the homehub. It is not the admin password or your email password.

Your other devices should all reconnect to the homehub assuming you had not changed the wireless passkey from the original one on the homehub label.

0 Ratings
gargoyle
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

I have done as you suggested and reset modem to default. All my devices are talking to it now, as far as I can see, so thank you for your excellent advice. No thanks to BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Excellent Smiley Happy

Its a common issue with the home hubs.

0 Ratings