cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

so, so very poor BT

i now have utter pleasure in posting my latest and most highest speed acheived today with infinity, i would also like to thank BT for the total apathy that BT show

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed

7942 Kbps

0 Kbps38717 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
> Download speedachieved during the test was - 7942 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12000-38717 Kbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is -38717 Kbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed

8104 Kbps

0 Kbps10000 K

this total lack of speed and service disruption has dragged on since my installation, two weeks ago.

to top it all, BT were very quick in sending my first infinity bill last week, which i find disgusting for a service that they cannot even provide to me

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: so, so very poor BT

Is this via a wired or wireless connection?

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

wired or wireless makes no difference, it is so slow and unuseable. certainly not worth paying the extra for

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 13

If you are getting the same results with both methods then you are below BT Openreach's 12Mb throughput "guaranteed" so I suggest you should contact BT and get an engineer visit arranged.

If you are not happy with the call centre then the other options are the webform or via the @BTCare twitter feed.

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

i have had the engineer out and a new hub installed, but still the same speed. BT india even agree it is poor speed and not correct. they constantly tell me there is a line/connection fault but the engineer says not and that his speedtest shows my line to be adequate.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 13

Any using of using another computer connected directly to the HH to rule out a local system issue?

----

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

i have 3 laptops and a work laptop which have all shown similar speeds. i cannot get past 10 meg whatever i try, yet i am configured for 38 meg. because the engineer has stated my service is adequate, no one at BT wants to persue further

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 13

Does seem rather odd as you said your speed test results above state an IP profile of 38717 which is the highest currently offered on Infinity.

Only small things I can suggest is a restart of the Openreach modem and Home Hub and maybe a resetting of the Home Hub back to default settings. Failing that I can only suggest that you keep logging the issue with BT.

----

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 9 of 13

@steve1412 wrote:

i have 3 laptops and a work laptop which have all shown similar speeds. i cannot get past 10 meg whatever i try, yet i am configured for 38 meg. because the engineer has stated my service is adequate, no one at BT wants to persue further

You wouldn't be using XP by any chance? If so you need to run TCP Optimiser. Get it here.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

one is running XP, another is using vista and two are using windows and it makes no difference to the general speed at all. last night from 8pm onwards i dropped to an all time low of 128kbps and this morning i am stuck at 2046kbps

0 Ratings