Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

solid orange light on HH3

Go to solution
What does this generally mean?

As I've no internet in the house, been oh the phone to bt help & after a good bit of swapping of the red connection Ethernet cable and rebooting of the HH3 its still a solid orange and I'm getting escalated to a monitoring section
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: solid orange light on HH3

Go to solution

Hi screamer,

Which light is solid orange on the HH3?

1) If the Power light is solid orange this means the HH3 is in Power Save Mode.

2) If the Broadband light is solid orange this means the HH3 can't authenticate with the BT Retail servers/exchange or can't connect to the local exchange.

3)  If the Wireless light is solid orange this means the HH3's wifi is not encrypted.

What lights are showing on the Openreach Fibre Modem?

Also here's the link to the HH3's BT Infinity guide: http://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32389/c/1818

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Sorry, I shouldve said in my post, its the middle broadband light, the guy got me to reboot the modem & HH, still the same, swapped cables until I **bleep** off with it, he's checked everything from his side and it seems its ok.
So to me I think the HH is knackered, but I've to wait on a phone call from another department.....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Oh, the monitoring section won't be monitoring much as there's no connection lol
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks screamer,

With the broadband light orange, this usually means there is an authentication issue or the HH can't make a proper connection with the local exchange.

Is there any know faults in your area: http://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31 

Have you tried a Hard Reset of the HH3 ?

Is the HH3's Broadband username set as bthomehub@btbroadband.com, you can check by going to http://192.168.1.254 or http://bthomehub.home/

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Hi, thanks for your replies

I'm logged into the HH and I'm disconnected from the internet, I've went through the troubleshooting and there's still this problem, username is correct
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Hard reset of both HH & modem
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Does the modem show a connection? If so have you tried a direct connection wired to the modem?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Got a phone call from the monitoring team at 6pm last night, he asked me to unplug any other items that I had connected into my phone sockets, I went down stairs and it was working, think it was 10 minutes before that I checked my tablets WiFi and it was still off.

So, that's it back on again, but still not clear on why it had went off, I have had a few WiFi connection problems over the past month or so, I refresh a web page, I get the page not found, refresh the page again and its ok again.
0 Ratings