Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
auntieboo
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

spam emails getting into my inbox

Can anyone out there help, please?

I have recently been getting spam emails in my Outlook inbox....the BT Yahoo spam services seem to have missed them.

I have obviously not opened the messages but have checked the addresses on "Properties" and do not know them at all.

I have put them in my "block senders" list.

Can I report these people to BT spam services? If so.....how?!

Auntie Boo

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: spam emails getting into my inbox

@auntieboo wrote:

Can anyone out there help, please?

I have recently been getting spam emails in my Outlook inbox....the BT Yahoo spam services seem to have missed them.

I have obviously not opened the messages but have checked the addresses on "Properties" and do not know them at all.

I have put them in my "block senders" list.

Can I report these people to BT spam services? If so.....how?!

Auntie Boo

Hi Auntie Boo.

I'm afraid that the anti-spam systems wont be 100% effective, some will be bound to get through - either due to the spammers being one step ahead of anti-spam products, or perhaps an overloaded checking system.

Blocking senders is frankly of no use, since spammers *never* use a valid sending email address (there are only a very minute portion that do, perhaps 419 type spam).

To be honest, reporting spam to BT is not actually going help much, especially if the spam has originated outside of the BT network - it is also a waste of your time.

It's even less use than it used to be reporting spam to BT, due to their appalling new way to do it via a webform that is not fit for purpose.

The best course of action is "just press delete"

0 Ratings
harrybeadlebaum
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Auntie,

Just to clarify your problem, approximately how many spam emails are you receiving? Do you receive them everyday? Or are you only getting them every now and again?

0 Ratings
auntieboo
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

They seem to come in twos or threes, about three times a week.

Auntieboo

0 Ratings
harrybeadlebaum
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Hi Auntieboo,

Ok, well as I see it you have three options:

1) You simply delete the spam emails from your inbox as Andy suggests.

2) You consider upgrading your email client from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail

Outlook Express is obsolete and out-of-date, plus Windows Live Mail also has a Junk email folder and spam tools similar to those used on the BT Yahoo site.

3) Or you could just login to BT Yahoo to view your email. You can then mark the spam emails and move them to the Yahoo Junk email folder before you download any legitimate emails to your Outlook inbox.

0 Ratings
auntieboo
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Many thanks for your help. I think I will probably just delete them!!!

auntieboo

0 Ratings