Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geebuss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 43

Re: speed is terrible!!!

ye my sister in law got scammed with  this

they tell you that you  have infections and that to get rid you need specific software which they provide at a cost

reported to trading standards but obviously there are a few

0 Ratings
geebuss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 43

just an update after engineer had been (found nothing wrong in property) hecalled someone who confirmed that the vp is running hot?

what is this and when does it get fixed?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 43

a VP is a virtual path it is one of many connections from your exchange to its main internet connection they get congested and have to have there capacity increased this is an ongoing programme of work and is carried out at all bt exchanges on a regular basis
0 Ratings
geebuss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 43

whatever i just want the service i'm paying plenty for

as of yet i'm still waiting on these mods on ere to fix or even reply instead of so called google experts on here quoting the issues

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 43

The mods here are bt employees and work Monday to Friday with limited service at weekends after you have mailed them they usually respond within 72 hours as each e mail is dealt here in turn as to your comments about so called google experts these forums are designed as peer to peer forums customers helping each other

This may help you understand how these forums work

Hello and welcome to the BTCare Community Forums!
This is where customers help other customers get the most out of their BT products and services. Before you participate, please read our Community Guidelines.

0 Ratings
theragingpotato
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 43

Just wanted to post an update for anyone interested on slow broadband speeds experienced over the past week.

To give BT some credit, I have had no problems at all with my broadband speed or connections over the past 2 years.  However without reason it slowed to 200kbps last week.  The support line were less than helpful and promised to call me back within 2 days with further information.  They did not.  I called again on Sat and they escalated the problem and said someone from 2nd line support would call before 7pm. They did not.

1st line then called again on Sunday and I missed the call but they left a message to say that as they hadn't heard from me they presumed everything was fixed and they were closing the call.  Imagine my surprise.

I then called again this morning and they have now arranged for an engineer to visit.  However there isn't one available until Thursday. 

Having browsed the forums there does seem to be a large number of people experiencing similar problems.  I would love to know how a previously stable connection suddenly slowed to unusable levels without any intervention from me.  BT support don't seem to either want to, or be able to, tell me. 

I did email the moderators last week but they have yet to reply.  I do understand they probably get inundated with emails so understand the delay.  It is lack of information that is the most frustrating thing!  If anyone else has had their speed problems resolved could you please let me know how you did it and if there was any particular reason for the sudden drop in speed.

A frustrated user!

0 Ratings
djsisson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 43

well the engineer came round to look at my line of course nothing was wrong with it he could see there was nothing wrong and would report back there was nothing wrong.

He looked at the bt speed tester rang up someone in the exchange who replied its a hot VP and gave no answer when if ever it would be fixed. and that was it.

i still can't understand how a perfectly good fast broadband connection capable of 6.5mbs can drop to sub 300k in the space of 15 minutes and stay like it a gradual decline fair enough but not that fast. just doesn't make sense to me.

so now i'm stuck having just been told to renew my contract to get a new homehub as my own router was 'faulty' which it isn't

so now i'm stuck and don't know what to do, i'm paying £30 a month for basiclaly a tin cup and a piece of string.

0 Ratings
djsisson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 43

well i guess miracles do happen.

after a phone call this afternoon from a mod telling me it could take a couple of weeks, i suddenly get a bt text phone message saying hte problem has been fixed at the exchange, and lo and behold i'm back to 6.5 mn

so either they are super fast at fixing VP problems or they moved me onto a different one

either way i'm now very very happy 😄
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 43

Hi
Glad its all ok now the mods here are very good at getting problems fixed
0 Ratings
Highlighted
geebuss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 43