cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

speed not as promised

I phoned bt today to complain about slow BT infinity. they told me my package was guarenteed 50mb in my area. testing after all the recommended checks only gives 18mb.

where do i go from here?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: speed not as promised

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Then, if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post lines 1-12

Or post the information from the smart hub, using this link.

http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/#/technicalLog/information

Could you please post the results from the BT Wholesale speed checker, including the further diagnostics.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: speed not as promised

I have the same problem, signed up with BT august the 2nd, with a promised speed of between 21 and 29 mb. After more than the 10 day period, i only managed 16mb, i contacted bt and an engineer came out, he confirmed that the maximum on my line would be 21mb. But I suspect to get this, he reset the ports in the cabinet before the visit to get it, as within hours, the speed dropped back to 16 mb. Since then I have had 3 more engineers visits who have all confirmed the same maximum speed, 21mb. After the last visit, I connected a third party router, Netgear D6400 and the speed bounced up to 22.8mb. I had this weekend away and when I came back the speed on this router had also dropped, but only to 19.8mb. So I thought I would try my smart hub 6 again, sure enough it has synched at 16mb and that's it. I'll give it a few days to settle down but I don't expect any improvements. The problems I have is if I complain, the only option is to order an engineer, which would be number 5,who then gets the speed back up to the promised minimum. But after 4 visits already, I cannot keep doing this as I can't afford any more time off work!

0 Ratings