Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
stu22sri
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

speed test

Go to solution

i remmie i i test the line via bt websites i can get 7.5 mb speed so 2 year later test the speed line now ti i can get 14mb ok

so once i notice itself have been upgraded to 14mb which i am happy

so now it have now drop back to normal 8mb

and now have test the line it now say i can get 3mb what the heck going on now i feel BT sure suck now as i test other line with other service i get same problem

is there something wrong with bt line ???

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: speed test

Go to solution

can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results.

are you connected to the master or test socket or somewhere else

Someone may then be able to offer assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
stu22sri
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

it is master sochet with built on access with filter in socket

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1102618736.png

0 Ratings
stu22sri
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution
and also this is all i know
DownStream Connection Speed 2272 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 1163 kbps
cop it from my netgear
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

ok so you have a filtered faceplate on your master socket so no need for any filters in the rest of your extensions.

still need the adsl stats from your router and also run btspeedtester and post the results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

from the figure 2272 I would make an educated guess that you are having connection problems or you are resetting the router yourself to try and 'fix' the connection.

the worst thing you can do is constantly reset your router - best thing is to leave it connected 24/7 with no resets.  If you can do that for 3/6 days then your connection should improve on it's own

0 Ratings
stu22sri
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution
i am on netgear and what stat ??? as bt hub is knaker
both modern doing same thing
0 Ratings
stu22sri
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

you are on adsl2 and all the resets/disconnections have killed your connection. staying connected as I said in my previous post is your way forward

0 Ratings
stu22sri
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

it been on all week not even switch off

0 Ratings