cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unhappymissy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 24

Re: speed very slow for last 3 days or so.....121kbps at the moment with no real explanation

ok, i'm home waiting for the engineer (he should be here from 1pm til 6pm) and have turned down work for today so i hope he comes...previously they tend to phone us first to check we are here, but no calls as yet.

interestingly enough, although BT call centre deny there are any faults in the area, i just checked my local forum and there are heaps of posts today regarding incredibly slow broadband covering shetland...hmmm.

see here for the posts....hope you can understand the dialect!!LOL..lasts posts are the most recent;

http://www.shetlink.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175652#175652

i shall sit and wait....keep monitoring my home hub stats and update this thread when there is news....

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
unhappymissy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 24

Re: speed very slow for last 3 days or so.....121kbps at the moment with no real explanation

some news;

the bt engineer did phone this afternoon and came along 15 mins after calling,...he checked all the lines...and found no problem at all.....he could see how slow it was...and after doing all his checks he phoned BT wholesale and they too looked at it and confirmed that this first started happening on 8th march....

they said they would re-synch? i think that was the word and to wait a couple of hours....i said i would wait a couple of days....but shock horror!!! broadband working good already...just done speed test and i've gone from 135kb[s to a whopping 2202kbps in the space of 3 hours!!...so i'm chuffed....i hope it lasts:)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 24

great  hope you gave him tea and a choccy biscuitSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
unhappymissy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 24

LOL, i did offer, but he declined.

he did say he was in the area about a year ago when the same thing happened, and that at the time it was believed the cause of the fault was electrical fences being put up.....and we are next to fields where the owners move around their ponies and use electrical fences...not been aware of new ones but it could be linked to that???

the engineer was very clear about what was happening/what he was looking for/what it should be etc...very easy to understand and follow.:)

0 Ratings