cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

sports app and chromecast

Go to solution

As of this week my sport app gives me a message that it cannot find my chromecast. I have done all the usual rebooting etc. The lady on the helpline did her best but had no idea, and has passed on the problem elsewhere, and I am awaiting a reply.  I have put the app on an old phone and got the same message. The app on my wife's ipad (running Apple) works fine.

Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: sports app and chromecast

Go to solution
A few people @Jimlad1 - I'm currently working with Google to work out what's going on.
Previous versions of the BT Sport app would just not show the app icon at all if no devices were found on the network, and this caused customers to complain thinking that we'd removed Chromecast support from the app. This update changed that behaviour to show the cast icon but then show help on how to fix the problem yourself by rebooting devices - this doesn't appear to be working for some users.
I'll get a fix released as soon as I can.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you. It puts my mind at ease that I am not being an idiot unable to fix a simple problem!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Have you been able to make any progress on this yet?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

We've still been unable to replicate this issue ourselves or find the cause. Google haven't come up with anything yet either.

What I've done instead is change the process a little, to give the Google cast service more of a chance to find devices. I think it also makes things clearer for the user on what is happening.

If there genuinely is still an issue with devices not being discoverable then it's not going to fix that, but the new code also adds logs for us to assess how big a problem this is.

The update will be available on the beta channel either later today or tomorrow, and then released to everyone late on Sunday evening.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for prompt reply. Will wait with fingers crossed.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Don't know what you have done but it is all working again. Well done!

0 Ratings