cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klashkid
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

strange and borderline creepy phone calls being received constantly from multiple numbers

So I have (since november) been receiving multiple times a day (until around 2am) calls from multiple different mobile numbers that play strange recordings in a loop when I answer. The recordings themselves are very odd, one sounds like a bum dialled call and I can hear driving and people talking in background but then becomes obvious is playing on a loop when it repeats the same thing... another is like a siren in the background but with sounds of shuffling as if someone is holding the phone but then it stops for a sec and repeats.... The mobile numbers are always different and when I call most back they say the numbers don't exist... One number did connect to someone but they were adamant they hadn't tried calling me and to be honest I believe them.

It's really scaring my daughter and really I'm getting quite worried too.. They don't stop and we receive sometimes up to 20 calls a day. Once i left it connected to our landline to see how long theyd say on the phone for, and then the phone upstairs rang with the same type of call!!!

What can I do??? I want to block them but it always comes from a different mobile number..

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: strange and borderline creepy phone calls being received constantly from multiple numbers

BT did have (may well still have) a nuisance calls department, but they may ask you to try other things before giving you a number change , including probably getting the police involved, otherwise you could request a number change (about £35 -£40)

and only let people you trust know what that new number is

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: strange and borderline creepy phone calls being received constantly from multiple numbers

0 Ratings