Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bodrul
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

strange speeds

speed test 37.47MB each time

trying to download a video (Fan made) so its legit, before the piracy is wrong people jump in

anyhow first i tried downloading the video (downloads only 8.9Kb a sec)
tried some other downloads (cnet) and still slow speeds

anyone know why?

on infinity 2

“I am responsible. Although I may not be able to prevent the worst from happening, I am responsible for my attitude toward the inevitable misfortunes that darken life. Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have – life itself.”

Walter Anderson
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
seab20
Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: strange speeds

Been through this many times http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10495/related/1 you want section 2 the bit at the bottom

0 Ratings
bodrul
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

not using P2P (these are downloads from websites directly)
the FUP was removed for the package i have so its unlimited (which surprisingly enough even for me i haven't reached yet(reffering to old 300GB limit)

so your post isn't that useful, dont know where you got P2P from when i didnt mention it

“I am responsible. Although I may not be able to prevent the worst from happening, I am responsible for my attitude toward the inevitable misfortunes that darken life. Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have – life itself.”

Walter Anderson
0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 4 of 12

@bodrul wrote:

trying to download a video (Fan made) so its legit, before the piracy is wrong people jump in

From that line as the majority of torrenting is pirated material, but anyway if your not using p2p then the only other explanation is the server that your are downloading from cannot provide a decent speed. You dont have any problems with speed tests which work in the same way as downloading from a web server

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 12

@seab20 wrote:

@bodrul wrote:

From that line as the majority of torrenting is pirated material, but anyway if your not using p2p then the only other explanation is the server that your are downloading from cannot provide a decent speed. You dont have any problems with speed tests which work in the same way as downloading from a web server

CNet can certainly supply the sppeds though.

0 Ratings
bodrul
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

http://www.clearskiesthemovie.com/

(eve online players will know what it is)

cant use P2P to download this anyway as bitcomet kills my broadband

must be their server

Walter Anderson
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 12

The direct download in the link you provided is via P2P protocols so will be traffic shaped.

0 Ratings
bodrul
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

you might want to read under the P2P

"or use direct download if you cannot use torrent-files." 😉

Walter Anderson
0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 9 of 12

That server is unbelievably slow, i recommend using torrents but use uTorrent as it shouldn’t affect you pc then, no slowdowns. If you put it on to download now then is should be done before throttling starts at 4

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 10 of 12

Oooops! Missed that!Smiley Sad

0 Ratings