cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spar
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

stuck profile again

for the 4th time in a year i have found my profile stuck down to 25, noramly 35. ( why does this keep happening)

an engineer has been out previously and reset it, took him 5 mins

the latest event occured after my phone line went dead and they had a problem in the exchange

a weel or two after that call out it got stuck back down to 25 again

on calling tech india an engineerwas again booked out

however no engineer turned up and on calling the was no record of an engineer being booked out!

also the fault code to track it was just closed!

the profile is still stuck at 25

can some one please deal with this as tech india is a waste of time.

thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Ripsta
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: stuck profile again

i am very sorry to hear about this problem and we will surely go ahead and try to fix this issue - reboot router and reboot pc - after that the so called tech people from india got NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO idea what to do - also - every male i spoke to are all called sean and the females are claire - i am just lucky i can keep getting through to the same person lmao.

0 Ratings
Arthur-Hucksake
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Same here, except this time they are refusing to change the profile because they are saying my line can't support anything more.

The 38MBit connection for months on end was all in my imagination. 

I really cannot wait to get away from this wretched company. 

0 Ratings
dweller770
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

I also have had problems with my profile dropping over the last few months. The last time the engineer failed to turn up I tried to get the profile back up again by using my connections loads so the DLM would know my line could handle more that 20MBps.

I downloaded 5 1GB files from Thinkbroadband then restarted the HH3. My profile jumped a couple of MB, I done this process every other day and eventually got my profile back up to 38717.

Only do the above if you are on option 2.

hth

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

@dweller770 wrote:

I also have had problems with my profile dropping over the last few months. The last time the engineer failed to turn up I tried to get the profile back up again by using my connections loads so the DLM would know my line could handle more that 20MBps.

I downloaded 5 1GB files from Thinkbroadband then restarted the HH3. My profile jumped a couple of MB, I done this process every other day and eventually got my profile back up to 38717.

hth

Indeed the couple of us who are on  Option 1.... (anything to save a pound or two Smiley Happy) were probably sweating nervously like me, whilst reading that technique... well we only have 40GB to eek out for the whole month!!!!!

Anyhow back to dwellers's suggestion... definitily worth a try as a good explanation about loading the BB to convince the exchange equipment that the line can handle it.

Another suggestion I have heard of is turning both the Modem and HH3 off for a short while and sometimes on powerup again the IP recovers... Think it was Michael (ypt) that originally posted that.

Others suggest doing that at a specific time of day to get the fastest profile...  think it was when the sun was over the yard arm!!! so about midday maybe. 

See Nige's message #11 in THIS THREAD.

But a point of caution I wouldn't power the Modem off too often though, and not at all if someone was still within the 10 day training period.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

@PC wrote:

@dweller770 wrote:

hth

Indeed the couple of us who are on  Option 1.... (anything to save a pound or two Smiley Happy) were probably sweating nervously like me, whilst reading that technique... well we only have 40GB to eek out for the whole month!!!!!

Anyhow back to dwellers's suggestion... definitily worth a try as a good explanation about loading the BB to convince the exchange equipment that the line can handle it.

Another suggestion I have heard of is turning both the Modem and HH3 off for a short while and sometimes on powerup again the IP recovers... Think it was Michael (ypt) that originally posted that.

Others suggest doing that at a specific time of day to get the fastest profile... might be worth a forum search for the time... think it was when the sun was over the yard arm!!! so about midday maybe.

But a point of caution I wouldn't power the Modem off too often though, and not at all if someone was still within the 10 day training period.

Or maybe give them a call and get them to reset itSmiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

@toekneem wrote:

Or maybe give them a call and get them to reset itSmiley Wink

Ohh yea that'll work... Smiley Very Happy

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

The main problem I had when my profile went pair shaped a while back was that the OR modem was not configurable by the customer,so a reset was just going to put it all back the same and maybe trigger another profile decrease.
But with the DrayTek 2750,I found that by resetting the VDSL section and entering my details again it reverted to my original profile at the exchange,maybe it thought I was a new customer or something.
I have also noticed that the QoS settings in the draytek can help boost down/up speeds.
But I quess the OR modem and HH/HH3 is very limited in the functions department,so unless you have a better modem/router this info is useless.

0 Ratings
nigelknowitall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

how far are you from the cab thread starter? If you keep needing to perform ip profile resets and keeps dropping down to 25mbit it may well be the case that the line cannot support more than 25mbit!
0 Ratings