cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DRMAGUIRE
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

super slow fibre

Yep you guessed it, despite the hype we went from 54 to 8, so logged a fault and all we get is a phone call telling us we will get a phone call....... 7 of them no call from the "engineer" despite taking time of work to wait, been on the live chat twice which is as helpfull as a chocolate spoon, what colour is the light on the hub etc etc etc, I was told the fault is between the exchange and the cabinet so why the hell do they need me to be at home no wonder some people go "postal"

DRM  

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: super slow fibre

Welcome to this user forum.

If its BT Infinity, then the broadband comes from the cabinet not the exchange, so its most likely a fault between the cabinet and your house.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Then, if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post lines 1-12

Or post the information from the smart hub, using this link.

http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/#/technicalLog/information

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Could you please post the results from the BT Wholesale speed checker, including the further diagnostics.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
DRMAGUIRE
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Nope not infinity,BT smart hub type 5, copper all they way to exch  

0 Ratings
DRMAGUIRE
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

14.7, 8.5 22.3 respectively
0 Ratings
DRMAGUIRE
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

cant do further tests as I do not have a service ID and no box to put it in even if I had

0 Ratings
DRMAGUIRE
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

what a shocker

After having an issue my self and tried to report it I have ended up here, which really no one should, the fact that this forum is choc full of people who have had little or no help from BT/Openreach says a lot about customer care or the lack of it, having worked for BT in the 70 till the 90,s which was before during and after Thatcher sold it to her pals I am appalled at what has become of it, their fault clearing system seems to be handled all over the globe with people who recite a script over and over  then tell you you will get an update over the phone tomorrow which if it happens they tell you some bull about it being refered to some non existant team who will call you tomorrow for an update. I think that an on-line petion might help I certainley intend using ofcom writing to the minister resposible and my MP & MSP, I would urge others to do like wise, also phone billing and pester them about what your being charged and a phone call to your local trading standards, they have no complaints procedeure that I can see and they T&C,s are no more than a cop out, this is bad enough with BB faults how the hell could you report a phone fault 

D Maguire 

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 7 of 8

@DRMAGUIRE wrote:

Nope not infinity,BT smart hub type 5, copper all they way to exch  

Then why are you posting here? You should be posting in the ADSL forum where help would be better given.

FTTC (Infinity) is fibre to the cabinet and copper from there (VDSL). If you are copper to the exchange you are on ADSL not VDSL.

As you had 54Mbps then you must be on Infinity so distance to the exchange is immaterial.

Post the info @Keith_Beddoe has requested and someone will be able to advise you.

0 Ratings
DRMAGUIRE
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Posting here because I do not know any better,and because the route open to us mere mortals IE BT faults is of no help 

as I said in my original post, and I have no idea how to obtain the info you refer to, however according to my service schedule I have infinity 1, but that means sod all to me, but perhaps you can tell me this, when they rolled out fibre did they pull in the fibre along the same underground cable way and left in the copper, because if they did it must have been done by fairies in the dead of night as I never saw a cabling vehicle anywhere on the island not even a light cable winch, so I think someone is pulling the wool here, the only large vehicle is the pole erector which spends it time on the hills, BT Openreach have pocket millions in government money for this and it has improved very very little and took years     

0 Ratings