Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimbob
Contributor
Message 1 of 26

tec request

Hi,

How do I go about asking for interleaving turned off on my line? Ave asked by phone and by btcare emale and both have failed. Who do I need to ask?

Also could a bt rep please tell me the implications turning interleaving off will have on my line. At 300 metters from exchange should I see a bandwidth change?

-------------------------------------------------
Quad Core 3.42ghz @ idle/load 29/37C (water cooler)
Northbridge 2.2ghz / HyperLink 2ghz
4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: tec request

Hi Jimbob,

Thanks for posting. Switching off interleaving can have a negative effect on the connection but if you wish I can arrange for it to be switched off. Drop me an email to forum.moderation.team@bt.com with your account details and a link to this thread for reference and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
jimbob
Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Im sorry but calling bt has had a negative effect on my line, please may you clarify what effect asking you to do this to my connection in genral will have.

Thanks

Bt customer

World wide gamer (or hopes to be)

4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 26

@jimbob wrote:

Im sorry but calling bt has had a negative effect on my line,

Eh ?

please may you clarify what effect asking you to do this to my connection in genral will have.

Turning interleaving off will make your line more susceptible to the noise, interference etc that previously caused it to be turned on - unless the cause has been eradicated in the meantime.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jimbob
Contributor
Message 5 of 26

If you would like me to go into more detail sure thing.

Im a BT customer, after 3 weeks as a new customer I started to see high latency.

After ringing BT (call BT) My line speed went from 22,000 to 14,000 (300 metters from exchange) as help.

Today after my line has not been turned off for over a week and the Noise margin settles down im still at 4mb lower than It used to be.

They may as well just say "if you ring us to say somthing wrong, we will make sure there is a problem" Have a nice day, please come again.....

and yet if you come on here without being pleased with the outcome you get no replay, god knows how to get real help here.

4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 26

Hi jimbob

Two weeks ago, you were celebrating a good broadband connection, according to your post history.

I can see you have contacted BT for help regarding high pings, and requesting interleaving to be turned off.

I also see that you think that by contacting BT by phone, you think it has somehow affected your service.

In regard to this point, it is more likely your telephone voice connection is affecting your adsl, for some reason or another.

Post your line stats from the router, and a BT speed test, so we can see the status of the connection.

It may be that since 2 weeks ago, your connection has declined, or you are doing something wrong.

0 Ratings
jimbob
Contributor
Message 7 of 26

quote "it is more likely your telephone voice connection is affecting your adsl"

Is this your professional opinion and what dose it mean?

I dont even wont a phone just bb. just a line to connect me to the internet. I dont see how I could be doing anything wrong but when you finnely work out its not me what then????

ADSL line status
Connection information
Line state Connected
Connection time 0 days, 4:10:51
Downstream 21,595 Kbps
Upstream 1,163 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation ITU-T G.992.5
Latency type Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up) 6.3 dB / 6.2 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 11.5 dB / 5.1 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 0.0 dBm / 11.4 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local) 0
Loss of Signal (Local) 0
Loss of Power (Local) 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up) 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up) 35 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up) nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local) 19

WCC Assured test InConclusive.

Your WCC service was found to be performing poorly. Please raise a fault with your service provider, stating that the BT Performance Tester tool indicates
poor service throughput performance.

considering ive already proven its all down to a firmware update Im finding it really hard to understand the mentality of this company.

4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 26

To begin with your router has only been running 4hrs 10 minutes ....

Have you been resetting it? ... or is it resetting itself.

0 Ratings
jimbob
Contributor
Message 9 of 26

It reset its self about a day ago after being online from what I understand was at least a week.

Ive just done a restart of the router as it wouldnt let me get passed the password point to setup my oprts after reinstalling my computer and the ip reset.

Im sorry but the only thing wrong here is the auto config systems witch I hav no control over.

4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 26

@jimbob wrote:

It reset its self about a day ago after being online from what I understand was at least a week.

ok... well that's ok, 1 restart won't hurt.

Ive just done a restart of the router as it wouldnt let me get passed the password point to setup my oprts after reinstalling my computer and the ip reset.

what are you exactly doing?

a dynamic IP address allocation isn't a big deal ... it's normal.

a broadband hub/router connection is a standard non rocket science issue .... if you have to set up ports for port forwarding, once is fine ... it shouldn't be a regular thing.

reinstalling my computer?  .... the OS ? !!

Im sorry but the only thing wrong here is the auto config systems witch I hav no control over.

Havn't got a clue what you're talking about here... ??   auto config systems??

If this has got anything to do with other kit like ps3's etc., then they only need to be set up once...

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here .... I think you have the wrong end of the stick where setting up of some basic computer functions is concerned.

But ... if you continually reset the hub, your IP profile will reduce.

You need to clarify what you're trying to do...

0 Ratings