Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimbob
Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: tec request

"Havn't got a clue what you're talking about here"

I know its like talking to a brick wall.

My local ip on my local network witch happens to be insode the advanced adsl routers setting page. you work for bt shorly you know this.

-------------------------------------------------
Quad Core 3.42ghz @ idle/load 29/37C (water cooler)
Northbridge 2.2ghz / HyperLink 2ghz
4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 12 of 26

Well what about your local IP address?

What's it got to do with you having network problems?

Do you mean you can't access the information on your adsl menu?

.... and I don't work for BT, nobody on here does, only the moderators .... who need a great deal of patience I'm sure.

"I know its like talking to a brick wall." ....  your words, not mine.   Quote of the day.  🙂

0 Ratings
jimbob
Contributor
Message 13 of 26

you clearly are just making things wrose, your lack of understanding is just frustrating please go away.

and for your information it takes alot of patience dealing with bt as a paying customer.

e.g 

customer.... wha the negative effects will interleaving being turned off on my line hav?

answer: (im still waiting for one now) read an weap.

4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
Sweeney47
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 26

Hey Jimbob,

RogerB is only trying to help and he's one of few on here who actually knows quite a bit. The problem is you arn't making what you want very clear. You want interleaving turned off? Contact BT. The negative effects, chances it will be less stable (the reason interleave was turned on in the first place)

As for forwarding ports... did you to a restart or a factory reset? The latter would have set your password to the default one afaik

If you're having problems being connected at 21Mbps and all, I'll happily swap you mine at 2.6Mbps...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jimbob
Contributor
Message 15 of 26

he has a funny way of showing his help.

From my understanding changing port setting is ok and after a reinstall of my pc not a refit so that means install of the os or I would hav sed rebuild that would indicate hardware. When i talk about my local ip I mean lan and after reinstalling my pc (os) my loacal ip was no longer allocated to the ports id set.

The port forwording is not really good enough and hosting some games dont work unless I use the dnz setting witch I dont like to leav on.

Like i sed his lack of understanding is frustrating and why do i even hav to justify my actions to somone who dosnt even work for bt.

4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 16 of 26

Why didn't you say you wanted to host games and run a games server over your broadband connection....

It would have been a lot easier .... now I see why you're so keen to get the ping rates down...    Smiley Very Happy

Mind you, it wouldn't have lasted long ... the FUP would have killed it ..... understand that?

0 Ratings
Sweeney47
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 26

So im assuming you want this page and need to reassign the ports to your pc. Assuming you havnt reset the hub to factory defaults the ports should still be there just not reasigned to your pc because it recognises it as another device...

0 Ratings
jimbob
Contributor
Message 18 of 26

wouldnt it be easier for me to just buy a netgear router then flash the firmware myself then disable updating?

4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
jimbob
Contributor
Message 19 of 26

the main problem here seems to be trying to understand the porblem rather than getting real help.

If I knew it was somthing to do with interleaving in the first place I could have just asked for that to be fixed and all the othere problems witch came about after consistently asking for help about latency.

So I ask again...

May I please have the best configuration for online gaming, hosting games... engineers say my line passes all test 100% and only 300 metters from exchange. should get the full connection too.

4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
Storm_Force
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 26

Just my input I had my interleave turned off to reduce my gaming ping times, it did and I haven't had any issues at all with my connection since.

0 Ratings