cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hotlips020202
Contributor
Message 21 of 26

Re: tec request

i asked for interleaving to be turned off and for some reason my noise margin went up from 6db to 27db and a good 5-6k speed drop. my line is still recovering and interleaving is still switched on:

<script type="text/javascript">// createTable("normal", trClass, td1, td2); // </script>
Line stateConnected
Connection time1 day, 13:10:29
Downstream2,272 Kbps
Upstream824 Kbps

<script type="text/javascript">// createTable("normal", trClass, td3, td4); // </script>
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)27.4 dB / 6.2 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)42.0 dB / 23.8 dB
Output power (Down/Up)19.5 dBm / 12.2 dBm
0 Ratings
jimbob
Contributor
Message 22 of 26

Sorry but interleaving isnt off, all they hav done is up the Noise margin so to give you a slower speed, probley they did this because you rang asking for help.

welcome to bt

please come again, have a nice day

Add:

But at the end of the day whos helping who? bt employees are helping bt steal our money. love you too...

-------------------------------------------------
Quad Core 3.42ghz @ idle/load 29/37C (water cooler)
Northbridge 2.2ghz / HyperLink 2ghz
4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 23 of 26

Hi jimbob,

If you want interleaving turned off drop me an email with your account details at forum.moderation.team@bt.com.

As others have already said this can cause your line to become more unstable, but if it does and you want it back on again just let us know.

This is a community forum where the vast majority of posters aren't BT Employees (if someone is posting from BT they'll be shown as a "moderator", "administrator" or something along these lines). If you are looking for direct support from BT with account-related stuff email us directly.

Stephanie

0 Ratings
jimbob
Contributor
Message 24 of 26

Im sorry m8 but you can try make me look the bad guy but all ive asked for is help and yes ive emailed bt about having interleaving turnned off.  The only replay ive had back is "I dont do this myself..." or "this means your line will be set to 512k speed".

I see no real help.

show me real help by just turning it off and maybe I wont leav but there only two day left now.

good luck

-------------------------------------------------
Quad Core 3.42ghz @ idle/load 29/37C (water cooler)
Northbridge 2.2ghz / HyperLink 2ghz
4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings
Sweeney47
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 26

Firstly I dont see how they're trying to make you look like a bad guy... you asked for help, Stephanie told you to email her directly with your account etc so she can sort it for you... If you dont do that you cannot moan about lack of help...

Secondly, if when asking for it to be turned off you were told your line speed would need to be reduced then they're probably giving you a valid warning as to why you should have it turned on (baring in mind interleaving is normally turned on for unstable phone lines/ connections)

0 Ratings
hotlips020202
Contributor
Message 26 of 26

i emailed stephanie asking for interleaving to be turned off and to also have a look at our ip profile. we had been having problems with our speed and our ip profile was at 1000k once that was fixed it was put up to 5500k whereas we were syncing at over 7500k.

she has since replied telling me that interleaving will be turned off at a later date and if any problems arise because of this to let her know and she will look into it. also our ip profile has risen to 6000k 500k off our original ip profile, but were happy with that.

thanks stephanie you have been a great help.

the mods on this forum deserve praise for their work, after dealing with telephone support over these issues the guys on here are a breath of fresh air.

0 Ratings