cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

text message issue

Recently transferred to bt from virgin mobile (porting across old number) and everything is fine except for:

When i send text messages the recipient is receiving message from number issued by bt pre porting.

This is not the case for making calls as the correct number is shown on recipient phone.

Any ideas on how i can resolve this issue as friends/ family members keep thinking they are receiving scam texts when the number showing up isn't mine?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: text message issue

@Stevoselbs Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. That's a strange issue with your texts, if you contact the mobile helpdesk on this link they'll be able to raise a fault to get that investigated. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: text message issue

dont know if this answers your question but i had the exact same problem when i moved to bt, the problem was my previous mobile service provider had not sent all the files relating to my number over to bt.a very helpful lady from within bt's porting team and in the uk took the time to ring me every morning to explain the current situation and had the problem resolved in four days.

0 Ratings